When does season 2 begin?

The game and the community doesn’t get hurt, but content control is a valuable asset when it comes to marketing and content release. The bottom line can be severely hampered.

Could you imagine paying for horse Armour DLC if you could just download it for free?

Yeah neither could anyone else who wasn’t on console. Yet on console where modding isn’t an option… where the developers don’t have to compete with community content the consumers eat that trash content up.

Actually the best place to see this in action is the minecraft economy. Look at how little Microsoft offers for what it charges on minecraft where it controls the platform compared to the classic model which is for all intents basicly open source.

1 Like

Oh another great example, remeber all the new weapons skins they were adding to Shadows over Bögenhafen… yeah the purple re-colours of existing skins. That doesn’t fly when community is and has provided every colour varyation on existing content and it was done by a 12 year old just getting into modding.

3 Likes

FS already said they want to change their path in generating income. Away from maps but towards cosmetics if the plan goes well! So no content control in that way. Community maps will prolong the game and draw new players in and keep the old ones!

I’d buy them because the orig. developers do have more resources when it comes to creating new stuff and will be better in creating atmos and immersion → they have their voiceactors; a professional team which is able to create unique assets, etc… it will implement into the game better imo.
Modders will for the most part only create with the already available assets. Not many (but some) will for sure create marvelous content.

If the editor will be released, I see a time where the actual devs and the community might learn from each other which will benefit the game in the long run! There’s always a chance for healthy competition.
There’s a good chance for some proven modders to actually work for and with FS if everything (most) goes well.
Potential is huge!

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I think getting rid of the modded realm and just letting people experience the game the way they want to is key to longevity but I don’t think FS will do it.

If they were going to be supportive of letting people experience the game freely they wouldn’t have gone through backbreaking acrobatics of logic to build mechanics specifically to stop speed runners from earning reds.

No they want control, they might say they’re going to open it up to modders but unless modded realm is dropped and rewards can be earnt on community content, they are being disingenuous about their support of community content.

Also, they said a lot of things… but we’re still waiting on promised release content so… take what is said with a dose of salt. Managment and Dev’s are two different beasts and management answers to new majority stake holders now.

Season 2 will only start once they’ve done some kind of basic attempt to ban the cheaters and prevent it happening again. There’s no point even having seasons if the same hacker-cheaters can just hammer to the top of the weave boards again. Unless FS take action to really prove THEY are taking the leaderboard seriously, why should anyone else?

Also, we could likely expect a massive change to almost everything… again. As we’ve had a trickle of patches I think we might get a mega-patch to fix loads of stuff. Or break bucket-loads of things.

There’s a lot of stuff to work on, and if Fatshark really DO read these forums and other areas, then they must know that their one opportunity to rescue the game lies with how they action the launch of Season 2 and I hope they take their time and really nail it, without having glaring and silly bugs as part of the launch.

1 Like

If you get rid of the modded realm you will let some serious chaos loose! There are a lot of players who like to only play “vanilla”. Also there are a few mods that only work if all players install the same amount of content. Don’t get me wrong, but here I only see more and more complications. How will quickplay work this way? Also if a patch has been released you have to wait extra time for the modders to update their content.
Newcomers would easily get overwhelmed, and so on…
I’m fine with those two realms. Official for the current challenges and modded if you want to go crazy, explore, make some dreams come true, etc… and experiment!
Say what you want. Those 2 realms are a good thing!

You mean the green boss wall? Not so back-breaking at all :wink: ! Easy implementaion.

Having control over your own product isn’t that bad at all if you try to make a living out of that. Wouldn’t you do the same? Let’s wait out on further content like the Emporium, etc…to actually see what’s going to happen and how they balance themselves.
And please stop pointing fingers about being disingenuous about their support. For all we they’re seem to battle with legal here or try to overcome another obstacle.
Yes, FS is quite quiet when it comes to release internal information. I wish they’d be more transparent. On the other hand, I understand this. If you don’t want to defend yourself later, you better keep ypur mouth shut until things are truly set in stone. Also unwanted rumours are plenty in circulation already.
Be patient and wait this out! Or don’t.

Yes, they did. That’s why they have become more silently during those times. They were in over their heads with their “roadmap”, and I think FS learned their lesson and won’t make promises when it’s just too early.
Often I’m also indifferent towards management, but watch it with those stake holder accusations! What’s your insider knowledge about that? Wiki? Or those so called “gaming journalists”?? A youtuber you like? Bravo…just keep adding to the already overflowin’ cauldron of mimicked accusations…Just because it’s a trend now to push everything onto several lobbies and their companies doesn’t mean it’s true in every case. Of course this is obviously true with the big boys now. Don’t doubt that…
Also this certain share holder is also involved in PoE. What’s so wrong about that?
It’s so lame and tiresome to even think about this topic while it’s based only on assumptions…

For now I will wait out on what’s going to happen. Still am optimistic and excited to a certain level.
Hopefully they don’t blow it…

Just wanted to point out that I would argue for 5 points.

4: Zombie Genre is far more well known as opposed to the Warhammer Universe when it comes to killing giant rat men.

5: Modern Guns Gameplay catering to an audience that is most likely far more numerous then those interested in swords, bows and magic staffs / whatnot.

2 Likes

The implication being that Grude-raker isn’t the pinnacle of all ranged weapons. What Umgak is this?

1 Like

Well I think he is ok now but that’s because I like the slow, heavy stagger, defensive play style. He is GREAT for that but for playing him a bit more aggressive I don’t think he is in a good spot. So good for me personally but in general don’t get as much flexibility to use different styles and weapons the way you do on other careers.

Maybe just some talent tweaking. Several of his talent rows feel like there is really only one good one, like Bull of Ostland… just so superior to the other two. The three second of invuln is pointless, the stagger is so good that you pretty much get 3 second of invulnerability anyway, aka by the time everything gets back up your invuln has run out. The other talent for increased damage taken is just meh too since with Bull of Ostland you shred through things so much faster… maybe that talent is good when permastaggering a boss or CW patrol but since it doesn’t stack with similar effects, eh? Too situational to really be useful when the huge attack speed buff is useful every single time.

I forget them off the top of my head but he has other talent rows where there is an obvious choice and the other two are just “meh”. And if you take all the aggressive ones - atk speed on push, change the aura to +power, etc… you just end up being a less effective Merc.

The trouble is, how do you change to make him better for other builds without just making him another Merc? It would be pretty cool to see him get some other team buffs of some sort. I REALLY wish they would fix the “aiding an ally” system, like how it was in V1 where if you protected a teammate who was about to be attacked you would hear the little ding. We even have that trait (Heroic Intervention I think?) that is supposed to use this mechanic but it doesn’t work. They could fix that, and then maybe build some FK talents around that, where you could gain attack speed or power or defense by aiding an ally, or maybe aiding an ally gives them a buff or something? There was a ranged weapon trait in V1 where attacking the enemies who were attacking a downed ally would heal the downed ally, that was actually super useful, and it would be AMAZING in Cata, especially for FK. I many times find myself trying to rescue a downed teammate and they just get totally rekt too fast. Or something where resurrecting a downed ally gives them a temp defense buff. Or fixing the auras so they’re actually useful and teammates don’t have to be glued to your backside to profit…

So, to TL;DR my TL;DR here: Shield (or 2h hammer) FK is okay but needs some tweaking to be more interesting/fun, non-shield FK definitely needs either some buff or preferably just the tweaking done right.

And Blunderbuss is very bad. /cry

3 Likes

Is the Blunderbuss so much worse than before? And for all careers or only FK. Because I use it on the Mercenary and don’t notice any difference. But I mostly used it for Berserker type enemies, maulers, leeches, blightstormers and to stagger gunners and warpfire throwers. Against packmasters the blunderbuss has always been bad due to the monster armour.

As for FK itself. To keep it short, I like that careers are more specialized and FK is a defensive career and brings a lot to the table there with reducing damage aura or staggering left and right. But looking at the tool-kit I think he should be able to get a good set-up between offense and defense like the increased attack speed or stagger. Both should actually synergize fairly well with two handed-hammer. Would have to test it myself though.

As for talents. I think this is very subjective. You say that only Bull of Ostland (if we keep your example) is a good choice. But I think this is dependent on playstyle and philosophy. Bull of Ostland is something only you take advantage of. If you want to maximize personal damage or are in a personal pinch, this will be a good pick. On the other hand, if you go full defense and take shield weapons for example then I think the damage buff is more wortwhile because it enhances your whole party, potentially topping the personal damage. So one is more personal/egoistic while the other is team orientated/support. Both have situations where they glance. For the invincibilty someone once made a thread in steam forum where he listed several examples where it is very useful. It is more a trick talent. An example I remember is jumping down from anywhere and surviving since it eats fall damage as well. Also running into gas clouds nad reviving is possible or negating DoT effects I think. The new talents are very well thought-out actually. I think we havent found use for all of them yet. But in comparison to release of 2.0 we are seeing already lots of diverse builds. And personally, I have a harder time picking on most careers in comparison to 1.6 which is a good thing. And this takes in regard that I usually play it safe and even then i have different options. While the characters are specialized I still have the feeling that I have more options than before. And the diversity of builds i see in public games seems to support this.

1 Like

Shotguns in general took a huge nerf. I personally find the blunderbuss unusable in it’s current state, it simply doesn’t do what you want from a single shot high reload horde weapon.

1 Like

Hm, I can kill up to three Plague Monks or Maulers with one shot if they line up nicely. But I always used the shotgun point plank range (like 1-2 m from the enemy) and never as anti-horde weapon, more like a “Remove nuisance from melee before engaging with the horde”-type of weapon. Or like a quick switch and kill for teleporting leeches because i don’t need to take aim with it like the handgun.

But okay, seems it got nerfed more than just the obvious removal of ammo recovery exploit.

Easy to implement hard to justify. Since they said consistently it wasn’t to stop speed runners but every other reason they gave it was nonsense.

If you want vannilla check vanilla no chais its that easy but by splitting hte player bvase and making modded realm unofficial… that’s the issue. Modded realm isn’t official its something else.

The stake holder ‘accusation’; is common knowledge. Tencent has a … minority (10%+) stake but still significant stake in Fatshark. Tencent is the worst. It is hard to look at the current state and future offerings of Vermintide 2 and not go… oh… I see… I sincerely hope that they do not hold significant sway but its incredibly unlikely they don’t hold any executive power. I mean, Vermintide 2 was NEVER going to have micro transactions and Tencent is all about those mobile experience micro transactions income streams so we have to be hopeful those two things are coincodence.

And yes, POE works off microtransactions and I’m not a fan or it or its model. It is also a very different product and forcing that kind of monetisation into Vermintide 2 will not have a positive effect.

Why am I so cynical about this. Because I believe any significant adaptation of micro transactions in the Vermintide franchise will kill the base product and I’d like to think Fatshark will see that opinion shared by many and have the market research to tell their investors ‘no, we have evidence the community is against that and it will have negative impact on the franchise’.

I’m bitching to protect a thing I really enjoy from being ruined forever because nobody rolls back monetization changes. (WB and Shadow of War is a weird exception tot he rule but I don’t know enough details about who made that change. Disney MADE EA change its approach to loot boxes but they’re still there so only a partial apologetic reduction of the worst thing ever)

Thats why i hope the season 2 beta will be taken seriously by FS. I will try my best to test it and provide feedback in order to somehow help the game i love dispite all its flaws. I hope we can count on you too since i value your opinion from all the posts i read from you yet.

Just a quick thing to remember , content creators like myself make strong use of the modded realm for mods like “photomode” (btw. this mod recently vanished , has anybody an idea where it went and if it will come back ?) and other mods to create camera pans for intros and stuff. It would hurt the people creating videos and stuff for the game.

You shouldn’t need to. You shouldn’t have to be separated from friends and community so you can add value to the game and its content. Making modded realm is just a d*ck move to hurt content creators. Just let people play the damned game the way they want to don’t punish them for it.

Without modded realm, the whole hero progression, grinding, crafting, and scoreboards are useless. IMHO, all this crap is useless regardless - the less rules the core game has, the easier it is to mod and create content for. But FS invested too much resources into creating all the grinding crap to abandon it - it is part of the frachise which they obviously want to exploit for further profit. You need control for that, so modded realm fits perfectly into the existing mindset.

I dont really understand your point. How would you suggest to implement Mods like for example “play at 50% speed” onto official realm without breaking several gamedesign systems (like balance / difficulty) ?

Imagine not having a modded realm and a base game where every mod would be allowed. Could become impossible to even find a game to play without some players having some weird mods installed , altering the gameplay. The dedicated servers in l4d , to play versus on , have a somewhat similar issue ~ try to play a normal game of versus there without having to deal with the weirdest server mods you never wanted to play.

Other solution would be that only players with certain mods can join players who have the same list of mods actived. This wouldt work aswell since the list of mods is almost impossible to match for players.

So i think the implementation of a modded realm is actually quite elegant. You can invite your friends there and have a game ~ everyone can have his own set of weird mods activated to play with giant heads or freeze the time for some sweet screenshots. People creating videos and stuff can play around with camera pans , players that do the actual math for us and do guides, can enample damage numbers and spawn in emeys at their will.
And no other player will be annoyed by me freezing time to capture a ratling getting poked in the ass. Do not dramatic pause let every player in the game alter gameplay “the way they want to” if it affects other players aswell. Because with that solution there would be no middleground to play a normal game anymore. So nobody would ever end up with “the way they want to” because some guy will always run some crap mod effecting your experience aswell.

Why exactly does the modded realm hurt content creators ? Taking these mods away from creators (because it would be impossible to simply enable these on official) would hurt content creators in the first place. Also remember that this is a game with a progress system tied to it , enabling too crazy mods that can break this system should not be possble.

4 Likes

You let people play how they would like to play and the game mode is advertised and custom modes not added to quick play its really quite easy and obvious. There is very little reason to seperate modded outside.

Or are you concerned about people ‘cheating’ ?