Welp, back to our atrocious "cosmetics"...thanks for fixing your best bug

not even having fun playing anymore

2 Likes

1 Like

stop-it-get-some-help

4 Likes

Your dude does look kinda sad. :frowning:

But yeah… no idea why they would fix this one.
The bug had probably 95%+ community approval for being kept in the game, and did not really need a fix at all.
The only people that i saw speaking out against keeping the “topless” cosmetic, complained about how overused this cosmetic was (not that the huge popularity of a skin would be a good argument for not having it in the game).
If this bug had been made a feature, the novelty of the cosmetic would wear off and far fewer people would use it after a while, so the only argument against this cosmetic (that i have seen) basically does not exist.

3 Likes

fatshark accidentally adding something cool that the playerbase likes, and then removing it as fast as they possibly can? Yeah that sounds like fatshark alright. No I’m not still mad at how they (extremely poorly) handled the weave skin leak, why did you even not ask that?

1 Like

To stop with the memes and actually give a constructive answer, it did have two issues:

->It made one of the Zealot penance cosmetics unavailable (Mendicant’s Vesment)
->It didn’t mesh with a good half of leg cosmetics, who would cut off too low. The missing chunk would be left empty, making you look through the character model

This fix does not require the removal of the topless option.

So they could have fixed that instead of removing the topless option.

They could have fixed the zealot penance cosmetic without removing the topless skin.
They could have fixed the gap between upper and lower body and kept the topless skin in the game, or they could have removed it temporarily (with a statement) to bring it back as soon as the gap is fixed.

As a quick bandaid fix, probably yes. Seems one file made a wrong referral to another.

They’d have to go back to every single leg cosmetic and make it load the lower chunk of the waistline for specifically this item combo (legs + upper belly free), since the lower part of the waistline would surely clip with other cosmetics - Preventing a one-size fits all solution.

I’m sure there will be more revealing outfits down the road, but from a developer standpoint it makes sense they bugfixed it the way they did.

Why would a fix without removing the topless option have to be a quick bandaid fix?

Fix the bugged zealot cosmetic, which also removes the bugged access to the topless cosmetic.
Add the topless cosmetic back in, by allowing us to access it in a proper way.

Does not look like a band aid to me.

How is that?
Why could they not just fix the gap from the top down, so that they would only have to adjust the topless skin?

1 Like

My guess is, that the missing chunk is tied to the leg piece.
When you’re in the character creation process, you see a full body made of three pieces - Lower body, upper body, head. Same as how the armor sets are made.

The chunk between waistline and trousers that’s missing must be what would be part of this “naked legpiece”, so they’d have to enable it and make it fit for the trousers that cut off shorter.
That’s at least how I understand. Maybe someone can confirm.

I assume the same, but it should not matter.
Since torso cosmetics can have different materials and can have pieces that go lower than the torso itself, i do not see why it would be a problem to create an upper body cosmetic that simply consists of a bit of skin material that updates to your own skin color.
Basically a naked torso that is slightly elongated at the bottom.
This would fill the gap between the naked torso and the pants, by clipping the elongated torso into the top of the pants (which is covered by your torso anyway).

1 Like

Now that sounds like a reasonable way to handle it. Easy enough to do, since it would be mostly a copy-paste job, too.

booooo boooo fatshark boooo

3 Likes

It is a Warhammer 40000 franchise game so FS most probably does not have full creative control over how models look. Models certainly have to be approved to stay in the game. Allegedly, shirtless option was not approved. Rumors say that Fatshark is not the ones to blame in that particular case.

Bu-bu-bah-boooo fatshark. Muh tank tops. Listen to these wise wise words.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.