Vermintide 2 - Experimental Beta Weekend

For starters the banner’s range used to be far wider. Wasn’t Wargor a tad more resistant at first too?

The banner is not dependent on the wargor’s strength. We don’t need those iterations of the banner itself.

But making the banner a larger threat also makes Wargor a larger threat. That’s all I’m trying to point out here.

1 Like

Nuanced fixes are always more work to implement. If I were a product lead at Fatshark, I think I would label the exploit as not worth spending time to fix & just leave it in the game as-is until deeds 2.0. I would rather have a developer working on content that is intended to be in the game long-term than spend more time than necessary on an overly-elegant hotfix to a short-term issue.

Thats why i ask if it would be alot of effort and time. If you have experience in this games code and you say it takes alot of work i believe you.

Wargor is already pretty unfair… I don’t think he needs a buff… Rather he would need a nerf: there can be 3-4 of them in few seconds.

I would like to add Bestigors to the waiting-for-buffs queue. In the very first (for us plebs at least) WoM beta the Bestigors charged at 200km/h taking corner apexes like a pro F1 driver, and then hit you like a truck.

I kind of liked it as that truly was a different mechanic and was something that gave them a personality.

In contrast to as it is, all the Beastmen lack personality. I’ve said this before, but it feels like Skaven give off a vibe that they are there to really kill kill you and Chaos is more a dumb but powerful / frightening bunch of things. What are Beastmen? I really don’t have any feeling for them in the same sense and I am quite sure it is not just due to less playtime with them.

The first WoM beta had them as ambiets only and that suited the atmosphere very very well. Mixed in with both other races and were there to give a good panicky situation when a few Bestigors announces that they are coming (from behind 4 walls though… that was probably a bit too much. I don’t know what the lore says about their hearing, but they could loosen up the LOS requirement as surely they can hear too).

The banner plant push effect was a “bit” harsh an I feel nerfing was absolutely the right way to go. It could be tuned up so that they too would be a bit more intimidating than now. What makes them less of an issue is that the Wargors die of headshots too easy.

Not saying please make the game harder overall, but there certainly was some goods bits in the WoM betas that have been (nearly) completely removed.

Btw, good job Fatshark keeping an ace in your sleeve so you can silence the backlash just like that!

Freaking good to hear that !!

It says to me “Untrusted files” by the Easy Anti cheat. X,D

There are a couple of threads on this issue in the support section. You might find a solution there.

2 Likes

Honestly they seem to me the the most unique faction.

I mean, what is the difference between Chaos and Skaven? They act the same way, we fight them at the same way… one tougher, the other more numerous. Just this.

Beastmen:

• They are imprevedible and agile; if we add spears’ range, Beastmen are the most risky to fight. I feel they really force you to adopt a different strategy.
  • Beastgor has still an unique mechanics.
  • Wargor same above.
  • Archer same above.

This patch just reduced their number (I feel them still too numerous): Beastmen are strong as before (and imho still the strongest faction).

Previous post on missing music etc can be disregarded as I have not had the issue repeat since.

I am however experiencing massive fps drops on all maps since the beta release. Fps is usually pretty stable around 100 with minor drops here and there but now the drops go as low as 35 for several seconds. This is especially true on war camp where I had something like 30-40 drops during the mission. That is 30-40 drops of anywhere between 30 and 65 fps

I am not sure what it is that makes me more emotionally “touched” by Skaven and Chaos and Beastmen just none.

It could be many things of which only a small part I might be conscious of. Maybe it’s the sounds, something in their looks and animations, etc.

Beastmen animations are a bit crude, or at least their animations coupled with what is actually happening. Bestigor running animation, now that it is slowed down, is odd and his overhead attack doesn’t seem to have any momentum - it looks like someone is in a bouncy castle doing gymnastics. Even though the animations are not simulated both Skaven & Chaos animations seem to have some weight / momentum to them which make them more realistic (if you don’t count the skating or step dancing patrols / Troll).

Also they are very dark and even though they are detailed when you go and examine one, it goes totally unnoticed in gameplay - to me they are black blobs moving around if exaggerate just a tiny bit. I have played on multiple different monitors so it should not be that.

Can’t really explain myself any better as this is more a feeling that they are “empty” and kind of boring (and annoying when archers have decided to come in numbers).

It works (thx enraged fountain).
By the way (im going to put it in the loung later with more detail and verything) they should realy add teh Pestigors (bestigors devoted to nurggle [real stuff fully legit]). Since the aim (amongst other things) of this beta is to make it more unified (having 2 faction at the same time etc) it would tie up the enemy side quite well. (more on that in the loung later, and again thx Fountain)

1 Like

So we’re now getting multiple reports of the experimental beta worsening frame rates even further. Considering there are major issue already with shadows and the like, I really hope you guys aren’t planning to push this to live till there have been some performance fixes.

@Fatshark_Hedge any word on this? I would very much like to be able to turn shadows back on and still have a playable frame rate with my rtx 2070 super.

I agree.

I agree.

I was only saying that, imho, they must not be buffed.