V1&V2 melee system has ruined yet another game for me

I was recently exposed to the news that there was a working multiplayer mod for a certain popular RPG set in the world of Dragonborns and OP sneak builds, so I decided to load up the game again to see if it was worth forcing some friends to play through it again with me.

For my previous playthrough, I went for a sneaky build that either shot or stabbed anything and everything in sight range. In the interest of trying something new, I decided to go for a melee focused character and realised just how good V1&V2 is with regards to how melee feels.

I am really struggling to play a melee focused game these days, purely because the system implemented in V2 is so satisfying and somehow invokes the feeling of weight.

Has anyone found a game that provides similar levels of enjoyment when forced to use melee?

4 Likes

Nope. No other game in player v ai coop can match that V1/V2 satisfaction in focused melee.

After 1200+ hrs in, i dont play for gear or loot or cosmetics. I play the game for the niche it fits

2 Likes

well similar form of enjoyment,
witcher 3 felt good in terms of how gerald uses his swords
kingdom come also felt nice

but if you mean a game that is similar to what v2 does, nope havent found one (nor have i looked for one)
at its core vermintide does what it does very well

all the es ones are particularly bad

1 Like

I’m only sitting on 300hrs at the moment, like a damn amateur, but I am at a similar stage where I haven’t opened a chest in months but keep coming back for my daily fix of melon popping (Bardin 2H hammer main).

I’ve been taking a break from VT due to frustrations over content. I’m playing Mount and Blade Warband, and good lord I have to say it makes me see the melee in VT in an entirely new light.

2 Likes

Overkill the walking dead has brutal melee combat but it’s buggy. Also spacehulk but it’s buggy too. Vermintide is better then both tho

I tried it. Its a buggy mess. Didnt find the game really enjoyable. I refunded it

The closest one for me is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Mind you it’s not so much player vs AI type of game. It’s more focused on PvP aspect but it’s so much fun especially when you play 30+ map FFA. I had a good laugh playing the game.

1 Like

Killing floor 2🤔