"Up Close and personal" penance does not complete when backfilling

Issue Description:
The Preacher penance called “Up Close and Personal” does not complete if backfilling into a match. I joined a malice difficulty match that was in progress, did not fire a round (I did not even equip my ranged weapon), and we completed the mission, however I did not get progress. The penance description doesn’t suggest being in the mission from the beginning is a requirement. Either the penance should unlock if backfilling, or the description should clarify that backfilling disables the penance.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Quickplay malice difficulty and join a session in progress
  2. Complete the mission without using a ranged weapon
  3. Don’t unlock the penance

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/20/2022, 8:00AM Central

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%) (as far as I know)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
Other than not having the penance I don’t have “proof”

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-20-13.31.23-6846cd08-a14e-4db3-9cdc-42669e6143b9.log (345.2 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (49.8 KB)

1 Like

I played an entire mission from start to finish using only melee, but I disconnected after I was being rescued (no channel error or something?). I reconnected, still able to be rescued, but finishing the mission didn’t earn the achievement. I don’t understand why reconnecting disables the achievement too.

1 Like

I experienced the same thing, I wont be able to complete this as I consistently disconnect at least once per mission. It would be nice if a reconnect would still count.

got the same issue as well because of disconnects I cannot complete this penance

Just completed a mission start to finish on malice with no disconnect using only melee and grenades, didn’t get it. I wonder if you can’t get it after the latest patch.

I can confirm, the cheivement doesnt unlock… I just did 3 runs, melee only, no guns, no grenades, no disconnects on malice. The achievement didnt unlocked

+1. Is there a way this can be corrected without doing it again? Was a tough run not shooting. Almost wiped a couple times.

Just did it too. Joining a strike team from Quickplay. Only used melee and nades.
Didn’t validate the penance.

same, made sure to do the entire mission without using anything other than melee (didn’t even use grenades) and didn’t get the penance.

The same for me. Played 2 rounds on the second difficulty and only selected the weapon but didn’t fire a shot, the entire mission, but the penance was not fulfilled.

The same has just happened to me. The successful Heresy mission without even looking at my ranged weapon and the penance didn’t accomplish. If it’s about grenades you need to tell us, if it’s a bug, please fix it.