This is the official forum right?

If I were facing a shitstorm from critics and everybody else I would probably shut up and listen for a bit too.

3 Likes

Yeah, discord mods in general have something of a reputation…

2 Likes

Im still not sure which is worst. a Discord mod or a Reddit mod.

I think the people on this forum have show remarkable restraint considering the circumstances. The fact we continue to try and give them pointers on how not to ruin the game any further without making too many jokes at their expense… in fact they are lucky we are still here at all lol.

Not too much to ask for a community manager to post once a week and let us know what the score is

I understand your trying to point out people on discord are polite or they just get banned instantly but still…

and also random Q&A on discord and vague maybe sometime next week answers is not what I’m talking about. A properly composed update post preferable without spelling mistakes lol (srsly who did that survey)

4 Likes

I wouldn’t know. I try to stay away from both. I gave them both a shot, but they both seemed to be completely full of intensely sh*tty people. Which, on reflection, might be a result of the moderation…

2 Likes

Well… let’s hope that they will want to release a finished product on the xbox and, at least, release the crafting…
I have serious doubts as I have said several times, but I hope I am wrong.

Catfish said she would, maybe and no promise made, post a community update today or tommorrow. I don’t think we won’t get it, but it is a good point to see if this CM is the copy past of what we had by the past or if things are going to evolve…

I actually think that besides the occasional 1v1 arguments in threads, this here has been a civilized place for discussion. I do enjoy the interactions here.

Ofc there is no meme posting like on DC and Reddit but at least here I get what my old-school-90s kid butt expects out of a forum: text
(in contrast to Reddit which is 80% either memes or “look what I got in my emperor’s chest, is this 381 baseline weapon with amazing effects any good?” or discord which is nothing but spam and memes)

8 Likes

I left both the subreddit and the discord. They are full to the brim with some truly vile and sh*tty people who care more about flinging feces everywhere than they do about the game.

I doubt we’re the only ones who left, so those places will only become ever more concentrated echo chambers.

2 Likes

Only reason that even happened was frustration. Really that frustration should have only been directed at fatshark but do that and hedge will come out of hiding long enough to ban you. Then straight back to setting his minesweeper high score :stuck_out_tongue:

(jk no ban pls)

1 Like

What No Man’s Sky did. Radio silence for a long time and just worked on the game.

I was seeing some pretty bad stuff on Reddit and I was wonder if I was playing the same game. Sure there are issues, but perspective.

1 Like

If I were facing a shitstorm from critics and everyone else, I probably wouldn’t primarily work on spouting the same nonsense again on another platform (XBox)… same happened with V2.
And it also doesn’t help to include crafting… Unfortunately, the game has more problems than its shortcomings. In the end it doesn’t matter if any irrelvant stalling messages are posted here, on Reddit or in DC. As long as (at some point) the substantive stuff appears on all social media channels. But this “tactic” to publish relevant information on different channels is unfortunately common… even story snippets (VOX announcements) that should actually be in the game are posted exclusively on YT, partially news are only available in Steam News, polls exclusively via the launcher or on Twitter.
With all the feedback FatShark has received (these problems are not new), they should be done with “listening for a bit” because this has been going on for years… but well, things rarely change.

Its fascinating that im still reading about stuff on reddit first instead of here.

If it wasnt for someone else raising Asqhy from the dead, we wouldnt know we MAY get a community update tomorrow, but most likely next week.

I remember when Aqshy said the EXACT same thing last week. Or someone did.

I dont know, I dont believe them anymore. This company has always been horrible at communication and delivering something they said they would.

I still cant believe the greed of the management in releasing the game in the state it was and then fvcking off.

5 Likes

Seems the Catfish wont be joining us in the tank here. Seems the cat likes reddit.

2 Likes

I cant believe im having to do this. I wonder if I should make a thread titled “Reddit Communications”

At this point I should ask for a salary…

12 Likes

Thank you for your sacrifice, though.

1 Like

It’s their job, not their hobby.

11 Likes

I mean, none of us telling people to die or anything like that.

But if you do a poor job, stuff gonna happen.

I dont know why we hold gaming companies on pedestal. They messed up. Definitely at the management level.

There should be consequences, not bonuses handed out.

Doesnt help one of the co-founder used to be chairman of the swedish game industry tho. They know they can get away with a lot.

1 Like

Fresh off the press:

2 Likes