The Weapon Wishlist thread

i suspect that grenade pickups become whatever your class has as a grenade and is stackable as such

You start with grenade in your build, but the Psyker doesn’t get grenades but get the head pop ability

It’s unclear if they are more than one of them or not
List of seen abilities

I was right? The psyker grenade i replaced with some kind of “additional ability”…cool

yes he does, like siennas AoE, but they get lifted into the air and blown to pieces

i’d like to see combat servitors

Hmm, for ranged I’d like to see:
-Boltgun, standard pattern for Veteran but preferably some Godwyn’deaz pattern stuff for the Zealot even up to storm bolters
-Flamer or even a chem-flamer would be cool but might tread on the enemy special’s toes a little bit
-Long-las, laslock, and hot-shot lasgun; hopefully more than just cosmetically different
-Hot-shot volley gun while we’re at it
-Grenade launcher, Kruber never got his so now Veteran can make up for it
-Meltagun or at least the scaled-down inferno pistol
-Plasma gun and hopefully even a Sentinel plasma rifle
-Combat shotgun, oldie but goldie
-And then the exotic stuff like graviton gun, needle rifle, quillgun, Condemnor, Purgatus crossbow, hellrifle, Firesprite needler, and the Integration cannon. The Inquisition has a lot of potential for expanding our Armory selection once we reach the highest trust levels.

And then melee weapons:
-Eviscerator
-Force hammers and glaives
-Power axes (hopefully an Omnissian axe comes with a future tech-adept class), mauls, glaives, etc
-Power fists, they said no but something like it for Ogryn so maybe he gets Charonite claws after all?
-Shock whips or even electro-flails
-Fire gauntlets would be fun for the Zealot to just punch and blast through hordes
-Brazier of Holy Fire if that is unrealistic though, basically a big burning mace
-Then the exotic stuff again: ghostblades, graviton hammer, and digi-weapons

The lore has a lot of room for low-tech weapons too, of course, and I kind hope that that’s what we start with. No power weapons, just the ordinary inert versions until we prove ourselves and gain access to the better stuff.

Xeno stuff would be cool too, but kinda depends on our Inquisitor’s disposition. It would really allow them to open up the variety though, you have all the standard main xeno-race stuff but also minor xeno-race things which allow for a lot of creative freedom. Things like Guldaniri bile projectors, Xenarch death arcs, and Havatian ringblades, or anything else they can make up. Maybe even stuff from whatever xeno-race is behind the “Darktide” itself.

They talk about the Darktide game manager having a more advanced desicion-making set-up than VT2. Supposedly, if you are easily cruising through certain enemy types, it detects that and attempts to counter it. Either by sending even more at you or by sending different types.

In in-universe terms, this could be viewed as the enemy regimental HQ responding to your threat and actively trying to counter you.

So if someone brings the flamer, after the first couple hordes, you can expect either hordes that are dense enough to push in and overwhelm the blast or flame-resistant enemies to become much more prevalent.

Then for the psyker, apart from force weapons for melee, their ranged will probably just be different staves that have different attack patterns. My big hope for this is that all the psychic disciplines are represented: Biomancy, Divination, Pyromancy, Telekinesis, Telepathy, and Sanctic and Malefic Daemonology. That’d be much more interesting to me than everything just being generic blue energy attacks.

Each discipline has a variety of direct attacks and team buffs as well as enemy de-buffs.
-Biomancy uses biomantic lightning, life leeching (lol, we can be the leeches now!), and haemorrhaging as well as healing or invigorating allies.
-Divination is mostly just buffs and debuffs, but really good ones, so something like auto-crits or the Potion of Prophetic Strike would work.
-Pyromancy is what it sounds like: Sienna in space. Fire attacks, burning, fire shields, and more burning.
-Telekinesis uses a lot of smashes and crushing (probably like the head-pop we’ve already seen) and shields as well as teleportation to cause havoc.
-Telepathy uses direct mind attacks but can also link together and buff the team if they stay close.
-Sanctic Daemonology is the most difficult discipline to master as those who try are too often lured into the closely-related but opposing discipline. It uses direct attacks of pure warp fire (rather than the tainted variety) which is especially effective against daemons but is just as effective against their corrupted mortal followers. The sanctified warp essence can also be channeled into allies for massive buffs.
-Malefic Daemonology is the dark version of that. Far easier to learn but still difficult to master, at least with your soul intact due to the risks involved. Most powers involve summoning daemonic servants and binding them to your will or inflicting direct damage with corrupted warpfire. Buffs in this discipline only affect daemons and psykers (both ‘friend’ or otherwise) and, fortunately, cannot be used on your mundane, Emperor-fearing allies.

So I think we’ve already seen a little variety across these disciplines. Most abilities seen in the footage would likely fall under Telekinesis but some might be Biomantic lightning as well. Hopefully, they don’t avoid pyromancy out of a desire to not overlap with Sienna, that would cut out a lot of potential. The cool thing is that unlike the separate Winds of the Old World, humans have no restrictions on learning multiple schools in 40k. I think that any of them could be overlapped except for the 2 opposing schools of Daemonology. Those two are the only ones that are mutually exclusive by the lore.

Minelayer, eletric wire layer.
Something to prep the location for when you know mobs are storming in.
No idea if lore friendly, cannot care either.

I would like an option to change the laser colour of the lasgun to orange, like its used in Dawn of War 2. I just like it more than the red one.

its curious the lasgun beam in all official artwork its depicted as yellowish alsmost white, yet they chose red, like in dow1 i wonder what the reason behind it is, i personally think it looks more visually stunning

its also hardly depicted as a beam more like a conventional muzzleflash…

If we can believe official sources, then GW usually has to greenlight the official content third-parties make with Warhammer, so it seems that both red and white/yellow can be used as colours for lasgun lasers. I guess there is a little artistic freedom when it comes to how the weapons look when firing, since melta fire also looks quite different in various games.

Haven’t played DoW2: Retribution in a spell, but I booted up my copy of DoW Soulstorm (with UA mod) and the lasguns are red in that. Lascannons are whitish, but the lasguns are definitely red.

Looking through the artwork for an image search of “WH40k Imperial Guard” and a lot of it doesn’t even seem to agree on whether or not they have visible beams. Most of the literature doesn’t mention them having visible beams either. Just a whipcrack sound (from the expansion of the heated air) and a superheated explosion at the impact site. Which makes sense. Lasers are not typically visible in air. They show up in any sort of cloud, mist, or suspended particles but these also attenuate the beam considerably.

I suppose this is a concession that the games make over realism so that you can tell where you (or your units) are being shot from.

well i think its more “rule of cool” than a visibility problem, after all almost all shooters with conventional weapons work without such obvious indicators

Alright, I wish for glavanic, radium weaponry and taser goads in the game! Im just throwing this out there since this is a “Wishlist thread” so no need to explain/tell me why it won’t be in or get bent out of shape over it I already know :v:

2 Likes

I mean, there is no need to go over what the lasgun colour should be, it usually is either red or yellow and i merely want to the option to change it to yellow. Could easily be a skin option.

1 Like

well scientifically speaking shorter wavelengths in lasers have higher energy transfer than longer wavelengths so logically they should use violett (400nm), red has quite the long wavelength (665nm).
(if we assume they need visible wavelengths)

on the otherhand with todays 2022 production capabilities its much much easier to produce red lasers, so might be inspired by that, who knows.

Cut straight to the chase and use a gamma lasgun. Why limit yourself to a measly 3 eV when you could deliver 100 keV+ per package? Most radioactive decay is even higher, up in the MeV range but certain nuclear interactions emit gammas in the GeV range. We’ll just upgrade to an atomic cannon real quick.

1 Like

Lil surprised nobody brought this up yet. Bullgryn club and shield. Bring on the 40k ironbreaker