The Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer needs very minor tweaks

I like the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer.
You like the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer too. I like the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer to the point that I get joy just using the phrase Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer. Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer.

Anyways, there’s a few minute updates that the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer could use. These are generally very minute (and one comparatively major) adjustments that would dramatically make an impact to somebody who lives and dies with the thing.

1. Up to 0.4 shaved off of the dodge lock or the ability to dodge when you regain the ability to block when you use an empowered strike
    *This change is entirely centered around a single boss. The Chaos Spawn. Right now if it’s targeting you there’s 2 (technically 3) entire attacks out of the many it has where you can land an empowered sideslam. Between slams 1 and 2 and after the grab attempt. Landing it after the flurry, it’s 3 strikes, or after the second slam in the two slam combo can have you take damage (better scenario) or get grabbed (more annoying scenario). Being able to dodge, in a more generous timeframe would make fighting it a bit more dynamic.

2. A slightly higher damage profile to the empowered third light attack
    Empowered lights have their place, but the third empowered light attack is more of a mythical unicorn in regards to the amount of times you’ll see or need it. It doing at least equivalent damage to the empowered vertical strike downs would give a reason to actually use it over resetting back to the first light.

3. Improved animation blending going from the third light attack to the first light attack
    One of those things you’ll only ever notice after using the Crucis Mk II Thunder Hammer an uncomfortable amount of hours. Your hand position cancels the ending animation (the one that plays if you don’t attack again afterwards) but it looks jerky and odd the with how the animation blending works.

4. Very minor (5% or so) damage increase against maniacs
    At certain levels of impact and dependent on horde configuration dred ragers are more easily handled in large enough numbers by slowly beating them to death. This helps that feel less slow.

That’s about all I’ve got. Honestly the weapon is mostly fine even without anything listed above. But goodness if it wouldn’t make it a bit more satisfying to use.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.