When being sent to a random game in progress by Quick Play, if the mission is failed (players all die?) before I load in, then the Mission Failed screen is not interactable. “Press Space to Continue” message is shown but the game does not register any button presses and the game is soft locked until Alt+F4’d.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Have a team play a mission in progress.
- Have one person join the mission in progress.
- Team already playing must fail the mission and trigger post-game failure briefing before (or exactly when?) the new player joins.
- Soft locked.
Mission Name (If Applicable):
Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Happened twice now but can’t willingly reproduce.
Upload Supporting Evidence:
Upload Console Log:
If you could upload console logs of the session when this happened it’d be much appreciated.
I have to Alt+F4 when this happens. How can I get the console logs afterwards?
Yep! Every session leaves behind console logs whether it finishes normally or not. You may find these by doing the following:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
- Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
Find the appropriate console log(s), and upload it here. If you remember the day/hour it happened it’ll make it easier to find the correct one, there should be time stamps on it.
I will provide the logs if it happens again! So far I’ve encountered this only twice and there’s too many to find the ones from several days ago.
Have to wait for the mission session to end and you are booted back normally, but can’t use space if you join a mission straight to mission failed screen.