Slayer Rework Suggestion

Foot Knight doing it is fine though? Bounty Hunter and Waystalker repeatedly deleting bosses with their tier 6 talents that refund cooldown with headshots is fine? Shade is fine? I don’t see how this is really out of line with other talents on other careers. It doesn’t seem unreasonable that a melee-DPS class gets an option to stagger bosses with his ult, in exchange for missing out on two other potential talents with more general utility when bosses aren’t in play.

If you’ve got a better idea, say it.

Besides, you’re focusing on the fine details of numbers, which completely misses the point of a suggestion post. If they integrated Adrenaline Surge as an innate perk to Slayer, the cooldown of Leap would likely need to be adjusted to account for this sudden buff. You’re dismissing an idea based on your estimations of numbers. I’d want to playtest an idea to see if it has merit and could have the numbers tweaked, but you’re dismissing an idea and offering nothing in return other than critiquing numbers without even playtesting it. That’s insane. Absolutely.

… I agree? Not sure if you were quoting me to respond in disagreement or what. But yeah, it’s silly.

I’d say that’s a feature, not a bug, in that case. It’s actually fairly balanced because it gives insane damage resistance (and stacks with Barkskin to provide 90% damage resistance), in exchange for the added risk:

• Slight cooldown because it doesn’t automatically refresh in attacks. So you have a brief period of vulnerability

• Forces you to not play defensively, since you don’t gain benefits when on the defense when your guard is broken

• Doesn’t benefit you when grabbed by specials

• Doesn’t benefit you when using throwing axes

I’d say it’s actually not a terribly designed talent, but it’s frustrating because it’s not consistent in its utility and the other ones are consistently not good.

Already did chief. I mean, not removing crits but actually balancing them so they’re not 100% picked by everyone except people who don’t want to bother rerolling.

Crits are satisfying as a mechanic, yes, but it’s pathetic when every class just builds crit and nothing else, with very few exceptions. That post is outdated so we’ve moved on from Swift Slaying + Crit Chance + Attack Speed since release to now go to Swift Slaying + Crit Chance + Crit Power, which is even worse because now it just 100% revolves around crits.

I think the idea of crit builds as an option is good, but things that just raise crit chance to focus around pooping out crits to proc Swift Slaying and Scrounger just seem lame when they’re ubiquitous to every class. I can’t name a single class that I don’t run Swift Slaying on or that I don’t stack Crit Chance wherever possible.

It’s ridiculous. The fervor with which people are defending it really shows, to me, how OP it is. I get that crits and swift slaying is fun, but it seems like most people build crit because it’s the best option bar none.

I use Barge. I’m mostly okay with Barge because it does it’s job. But Barge is weighed again being useless against specials, elites, and monsters.

You seem to agree with me further down in your post that it’s silly that Handmaiden gets a Barge-equivalent on top of having increased stamina regeneration and higher dodge distance. Barge itself is fine, but it’s silly for that reason mainly. It complements his movement speed talents well, but its held back by his base dodge distance compared to Handmaiden who also has it.

Yeah, I pretty much agree. It’s a talent that only solely complements Grimnir’s Focus, which just makes that skill the even more obvious choice as far as damage reduction goes. I think it could just be moved to that talent as part of Grimnir’s Focus, with something else taking its place as a perk. More base crit chance, more dodge (since he’s literally naked, why is he so fat with his dodges), or something that complements his tool kit.

You’re pretty much spot-on with your hatred of the perk, imo.

1 Like