Sienna Flame Graphic Issue

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:

On my Vermintide II client Sienna’s Conflagration Staff RMB (“Right Mouse Button”) attack doesn’t leave a visible flame vortex on the ground after the casting animation completes. This makes effective crowd control with the weapon very difficult.

This invisible flames issue is also present on the Beam Staff’s RMB attack, as well as any persistent ignition effects on foes. I’m unable to see if they’re on fire or not.

However, her Fire Walk ultimate ability does leave visible flame effects on ground during its duration. Environmental torches, campfires and braziers also have normal visible flame effects.

My efforts at troubleshooting the issue were fruitless. Please help with diagnosis and solution.

Crash Report (If Applicable):

No crash occurs.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Vermintide II client does not throw an error during this behavior.

Steps to Reproduce:

Press RMB when using Coruscation and Beam Staves.
Allow casting animation to complete.
Observe issue as described.

Map Name (If Applicable):

All maps, including the Keep and Practice Yard.

Platform:
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]

Steam.

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag/PSN ID]

Newb

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproducible at all times.

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Will provide if required.

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Please attached file console-2022-11-18-12.32.09-ded10ce4-18b6-44ec-8b6c-6a0ffb6451e8.log (163.5 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here

Please see attached file user_settings.config (7.1 KB)

Thanks for you help!

I’ve attached a video capture of the issue here for confirmation and to help with diagnosis. Video time checks follow for clarity.

0:03 Brazier fire effect visibility confirmed for reference
0:12 Torch fire effect visibility confirmed for reference
0:30 Equipping the Conflagration Staff and RMB casting.

Note the lack of persistent ground fire effects. Particles during casting are clearly visible. Ground fire vortex is visible during casting but doesn’t persist after casting animation is complete.

0:55 Equipping the Beam Staff and RMB casting.

Note the lack of atmospheric fire effects. Damage indicators and a light puff of flame are the only effects visible.

Please reply and advise. I’d love to play your game as intended. Thanks!

Hi @DLA0819,

I queried this internally -

Conflagration staff does not apply flame effect to the ground. Coruscation Staff does.

Burn VFX is applied to enemies in mission, but not currently applied to target dummies in the Keep (this is something we’ll look at fixing)

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.