Score/Stat Board Ideas

The scoreboard mod is awesome - and I totally love it. However, there are a few things I’d love to see changed with it and/or ways I’d like to see an official scoreboard done.

First of all, I’ve been yelling about this for a while, but I think it’s important for your “performance” metrics to be normalized based on the team’s totals. For instance, showing your score, the team score, and your “%” of the team score. The % provides a normalized basis of comparison you can use across runs, regardless of what the difficulty is and how many enemies the AI director throws at the team.

Something like this:

Basically, the GREEN text are metrics where you scored the best on the team, and TEAL text would be metrics where you didn’t score the best, but you still pulled in above your weight (e.g. 30%+ of the team totals).

The above approach could work as a reasonable balance point if there is concern about not having everyone’s detailed stats visible, as you’d still get a good indication of your own performance.

You could of course also provide a full stats for each player, or have individual players show up if they “opt in” to have their stats shared, something like this:

As a point of feedback on the scoreboard mod, I don’t like how the various sections have a sub-total “score” as it really makes it hard to parse. I also think there is a little too much detail in some places, and having two items rolled into a single line makes it feel really messy. So I combined some things like materials collected into single lines (instead of separate data points for plasteel vs diamantine).

Some other important refinements would be showing “HEALTH” damage taken, and not count toughness damage taken too (maybe it already does that? I don’t know).

Anyway, curious what people think about this type of approach.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.