[PC] - Vermintide 2 - Patch 1.0.8.1

Heroes

Version 1.0.8.1 addresses some of the current issues that arose from patch 1.0.8. We are rolling back some of the inadvertent changes which came out of that patch.

Shade Kerillian was broken during the 1.0.8 beta. The numbers she put out with the Glaive were far too high - this was due to her damage being uncapped against some Bosses and Lords. We wanted to make changes to the damage system in the way we synchronize damage from attacks between players. At the same time, we were making fixes to Shade’s ““Infiltrate”” Career Skill. These two changes inadvertently changed the way caps were being applied to the Shade’s damage output. Another consequences were multiple misunderstandings and mistakes that piled up to a big mess, affecting the Executioner Sword, since it shared some of the same damage templates as the Glaive.

The Shade should now work the same way she did in 1.0.7. The inadvertent changes to the Executioner Sword have also been reverted.

Aside from these bug fixes, we also wanted to give her more options in available weapons. Shade Kerillian’s “Infiltrate” Career Skill applies a four-time power boost multiplier when attacking while stealthed. We applied individual modifiers to these bonuses to the Glaive and Dual Daggers. We lowered the damage Glaives do when attacking from stealth, and increased the damage from Dual Daggers, and the stab attacks of Dagger and Swords. This means that Dual Daggers should now be able to kill two Chaos Warriors when lined up correctly, when attacking from stealth.

And while the Glaive - and pretty much every other weapon, completely nukes any regular infantry enemies, when attacking out of stealth - just as in previous versions, they should no longer melt bosses. And specifically Bile Trolls, which were missing damage multiplier caps.

Fixed Issues

• We’re resetting Shade Kerillian’s melee boost multiplier back to 4, from 2.
  • The Executioner Sword is being restored to its former glory - its Finesse coefficient on heavy attacks are increased to 2, up from 1.
  • The Glaive heavy second attack now uses a separate damage profile from the Executioner Sword.
  • Changed the Finesse coefficient on the heavy second attacks off Glaives to 1.25, up from 1.0. This was set to 2.0 in 1.0.7, and during the 1.0.8 beta.
  • Moved Dual Dagger stabs to use same damage profile as Sword and Dagger stabs, since this seems like an oversight during initial setup. Increased the damage of this new damage profile to 0.25, up from 0.2.
  • Added an override setting for melee boost multiplier for individual damage profiles. We applied this on the Glaive heavy second attack to reduce its burst damage when attacking from stealth. This reduces melee boost multiplier to 2, down from 4.
    We also applied it to Dual Weapons’ stab attacks to increase damage from stealth to 6, up from 4.
  • Bile Trolls were given a melee boost multiplier cap of 3, as they didn’t have one before.
  • Shade Kerillians Career Skill “Infiltrate” will now properly apply both power boosts and multipliers against all targets during the whole sweep of her attack. Regardless of if the skill is activated before the attack, or during.
  • Fixed an issue where a crit from a Great Axe would do less damage to armored enemies than a regular hit.
  • Fixed an issue where Clanrats wouldn’t burn properly from fire effects.
  • Fixed an issue where the glow effect on Veteran weapons would look blurry or pixelated.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if Ironbreaker Bardin used his Career Skill with the “Booming Taunt” talent, on a Chaos Warrior that had not yet seen him.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when starting or ending a lunging ability at the same time as the game session was torn down.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if leaving a game session at the same time as receiving a “Last Man Standing” buff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if lighting more than one training dummy on fire, with a Conflagration Staff - at the same time as another player picked up a targeted training dummy.
  • Improved collisions around the second Grimoire on Empire in Flames, to make it a bit easier to reach.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bile Troll would try to stand up, when being downed. Instead of raising its head.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when a Clan Rat returned to patrolling, after having engaged the players.
  • Fixed graphical issues with the grain on Against the Grain.
  • Fixed missing localization texts on hats.
20 Likes

“Fixed missing localization texts on hats.”

Thank you for this game saving change, I can now come back to the game again :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you for fixing my beloved Executioner’s Sword! Now I can once again execute the Chaos scum AS SIGMAR WILLS IT!

3 Likes

Praise Sigmar, healing patch!

7 Likes

I know clan rats weren’t supposed to be burnt naked by fire, but is there any chance the little ignition puff that happens when rats set on fire can come back? As a toggle-able setting maybe? It just looks so nice. I mean, I can still see it when a rat disintegrates, but I liked it when the rats’ fur went up in flames.

1 Like

Seems like ideal patch. Hope everything works as intended.

2 Likes

still nothing about low rate for loots (not to mention clones), cosmetics, paintings, new maps ?

1 Like

As much as I hate that part, that was just a hotfix, so I don’t think this complain is justified.

3 Likes

as much as I hate complaining about hurting things, promises were made, calendar was planned, so do we have to conclude all was but a lie ?
Blame FS for the lack of communication, not for the community that is worry about the becoming of VT2 !

1 Like

Awesome patch! Stoked to get some playtime in tonight and test out the dual wield tweaks.

1 Like

this patch broke the launcher again. I cannot launch the game. 1.0.8 was fine. Is EAC behind?

I play a lot with bots, and I noticed after this latest patch 1.0.8.1 (not sure if it was in the beta or the following 1.0.8 release too) that when kerillian is not rescued from hanging, and dies/gets captured, she does not spawn, but stays dead, and cannot be released again. This is on champion difficulty, all bots, me playing Sienna.

nice adjustments.

in some way that adjustments have spoiled the performance for me. i needed to play on lowest grafical settings to have stable 60 fps before 1.0.8 did hit.
with 1.0.8 a dream came true… i was able to up a lot of settings to medium and still had stable 60 fps.
now with 1.0.8.1 i get hard fps drops on hordes. on medium settings it goes down to 25-30ish. on lowest settings it drops down to 35-40ish.

roadmap =/= promised timeline

a roadmap just gives an idea what is planned and what timeline is expected when the roadmap is created. if unplanned things happen, then pretty often points from the roadmap get delayed.

Sure mate. And store description - is just a general idea of the game, and developers don’t have to implement all or any features listed there. And promotional videos - is just a form of art, and don’t have to be connected to the game’s gameplay at all, including cool hats we see in them, that are not available for players in-game.

6 Likes

I don’t want to derail this thread, but I think @gReMLiN1804 is right about roadmaps, in the sense that they are subject to change.
This is why a lot of Companies (including the one I work for) keep most road maps private. You shouldn’t use them for marketing.

If you do publish a roadmap, you try to honour it but also make sure customers read the disclaimer. I didn’t see a disclaimer here.

And now back on topic: I had a slight but noticeable performance increase with the latest two patches, so I guess the game got optimised for certain hardware configurations but runs worse on others.

If it’s performing worse for you, I think it would be helpful for FS and others if you provided your system’s specs instead of assuming that the game got slower for everybody.

Yes, generally this is the case, since roadmap is basically a plan, and plans can indeed change based on circumstances. But if you use that plan for marketing, Firstly, make a clear disclaimer, secondly, either don’t use precise dates or stick to them if you dare giving them.

But that is only half of the problem.

Because, not only they had no disclaimer there, they had the opposite of it - promises, a bunch of them. Let me link old roadmap yet again. Here is a few citations from it.

And my favorite:

There is even more there, but these quotes is more than enough to form the whole picture.

So no, FS do not deserve any justification. They made a lot of promises, and they didn’t fulfill any of them.

I am not saying that you need to hate Fatshark. Everyone should decide for themselves, if they want to forgive FS for that, as well as for unfinished game, and the fact, that they didn’t even bother giving any explanation or apologizing. But I insist, that defending FS in this situation is completely irrational, and only evokes frustration amongst other players.

5 Likes

You know, looking at the wording they used does actually make clear that these are goals, not promises. “We hope” to get mods out the door soon. “Our aim” is to release regular DLC. They clearly do listen to feedback (since it has helped them catch a lot of bugs), but the only one I’m seeing them fail on is engaging with the community.

Though, when I see how much people can see only what they want, even when the wording is very carefully written to give them wiggle room . . . I can understand why they are not encouraged to talk to us.

4 Likes

Yuuuuup. Apparently some people here will only be satisfied with a huge red flashing disclaimer warning that the goals on the roadmap were goals, and not set in stone.

1 Like

Help Dora find ambiguity in these statements:

4 Likes