Oh no, not another bloody Sister of Thorns thread

“A Sustenance of Leechlings” passive is also completely busted.
Just as much as Radiant Inheritance in my opinion.

e.g A morale boost could heal you for 90hp if 2 members of the party are already full; potentially more if Leechling double dips into “An Attendance of Munificents”

That’s one example but it can easily get out of hand with other careers too.

At least every Stormvermin patrol? I mostly played with bots Deeds in the last day. But I regularly have kills with at least 3-4 Stormvermins. 5+ would probably needs some more excessive hording. But these elite densities are not unusual on higher difficulties.

Also, it would be nowhere near Bladedancer. Bladedancer is an anti-horde tool which can affect far more enemies than the stagger area affected by Bloodrazor. On the other hand Bloodrazor affects armored enemies.

Last days I played neither with RI nor with Doomsight. I play a lot with Bloodrazor though mainly because I want to play around with the stagger capabilities. She still feels very strong without using the borderline talents. But I would prefer for Bloodrazor to be more stagger-orientated and less … damage. At least enemies should have chance to retaliate.

Yeah, there are a lot of Stormvermin in a patrol, but I’ve never seen them clump so hard in practice that you can kill 5+ at a time. Again, seems a once in a blue moon event. The fact that you can stack three ults? Maybe that’s a problem, I don’t think it’s a good talent in general - even with its intended effect, I think, of being able to have three walls so you can make more complex shapes or something. I dunno, the base ult seems so useless.

Re: Bladedancer. You were talking about making it essentially worthless against Stormvermin; if it doesn’t kill them, are you really going to want to blow it to mainly just stagger (in real, actual practicality) 2-3 Stormvermin? The main use besides that will be a short-cooldown boss stagger (which is fairly strong in general, admittedly), or use it against massed unarmored enemies. And since it’s a bleed, it’d just . . . stagger and bleed a bunch of chaff, which is why the comparison to Bladedancer.

Maybe make the AoE smaller - maybe make it so it does less damage the further a thing is from the center, if it needs a nerf. I think it is an overreaction to nerf everything that seems to function about the career, though, which is how people are trending.

Definetely not blue moon. It is possible. But there is no point in going back and forth about “hearsay”. If you can’t believe then you can’t. Stacking career skill on SotT is not a problem though. Incandescence is an excellent talent.

No, I was not talking about making it worthless against Stormvermins. I was talking about shifting damage into bleed. This includes Stormvermins too. They still die as before. They just take a bit longer before they die, asking for some more forsight in applying the career skill. And yea, i would prefer it more stagger orientated. Maybe stronger stagger and a slightly larger area. Not everything needs to have damage. However, I think the version with a prolonged bleed is a good compromise. I just don’t like this press “F” and forget gameplay. And again, it would bleed everything hit by the initial impact. So it works not only against hordes.

1 Like