No Rev on light attacks Mk XII Chainaxe

yeah, its a club when swinging the Mk XII, feels weird to say the least.
Only rev sound on Heavies and Special Attack?

please add rev sound to light attacks!

Vanilla chainaxe feels way better on light attacks due it shredding/ chewing on every attack and obviously the sound.
The new one just bashes enemies, dont know why oyu guys felt this is a good idea or felt good gameplay wise. It always needs to shredd with or without special attack.
I wanna know i handling a chainaxe and not a Chainclubber!

12 Likes

Mk4 (original) also has at least SOME rev on heavy. Both should be whirring death machines but someone is completely out of their mind over there and has decided we are swinging spiky clubs. Its literally heinous. How have they not learned this lesson already after the chainsword debacle?

The Mk12 chain shovel is very impressive. The bonks are just amazing. Obviously an intended part of the ineffable design.

3 Likes

On the plus side… you can push the new chainaxe to one Crushers. I’ve got a chainaxe with

• 77% damage
  • 65% penetration
  • 78% shredder
  • +8% melee damage
  • +25% carapace
  • Thrust IV
  • Slaughterer III (which I’m not stacking)

along with +5% melee damage from the tree.

Revved heavy does 3435 damage on a headshot. Any of Martyrdom, Inexorable Judgement, Sustained Assault, Ecclesiarch’s Call, Headtaker should push you over the threshold. In my case, 6 stacks of Inexorable Judgement do the trick. If I had 80 Penetration, that would’ve yielded a ~10% increase (33.84% → 37.05% heavy attack modifier vs carapace) and made the buff stacks unnecessary.

EDIT: Interestingly, the sound is better vs Carapace and Unyielding armor. It’s a squelchy sound, which still feels a bit odd for Carapace, but it’s not a thud.

On the Eviscerator side of things… light specials cleave, so Bloodletter could be really interesting for applying massive amounts of bleed. The push followup is satisfying, since it’s a shredding attack that’ll take someone’s eye out :smiley:

Because that is the difference to the old one. The old one has Rev on Light attacks but not heavy attacks.

Please don’t! Rev on light attacks was exactly why a lot of people didn’t like the Combat Axe, now people have a choice.

1 Like

Hes talking about the SOUND not the functionality. The lights on the new chaxe have no chainsaw sound to them. It doesnt even aound like you are swinging a chaxe.

3 Likes

I’m totally loving my old chaxe now. The lights are so potent! Havent tried the new ones.

2 Likes

The old chainsword had this same issue when the game first came out, but they added the sound later. Hopefully they do the same with the new chainaxe.

1 Like

He’s asking for SFX not mechanics.
The heavy attacks on the Orestes Mk4 are cleaving but have a whirr on them.
I don’t want the mechanics changed on the MK12 either, I just want a whirring sound and some minor animations on the lights. That is all we are asking for. It is not a club.

4 Likes

Yeah, they need to redo the sfx on all chainweapons. First of all, replace the hideous bonk sound with the sounds of ripping flesh/armor, depending on the enemy of course. This alone will do wonders for how the weapon feels. Bonus points for superficial damage on the model/blood splattering everywhere.
On heavy/rev kill the weapon should cleave off the limb at least. Evis should cleave fools in half.

1 Like

YES DO!
It wasnt disliked becasue of this, but because of it being too weak in general and the shredding on normal attack was too slow. Now this is been fixed and its super fast!
SO add the Sound and shredding on Normal attacks, its a Chainaxe!

EVER SEEN a Ranger in the Forest bashing a tree with his Chainsaw he needs to topple?! ^^

they basically got attack patterns reverted , on the IV the lights are the actual single target high damage attacks , and on the other one the lights are for horde clear and the heavies for single target. I think all chain weapons should apply atleast 1 stack of bleed when they hit with a reved attack like for example the IV chainaxe, I’ve got a Orestes MK IV with 80% dmg, penetration and shredder and alot of enemies sadly survives with like 1% hp and require a 2nd hit and I think a bleed stack or two could fix this issue easily on a weapon where i got max rolled damage stats, properties and blessings.

my only concern is with Bloodthirsty…
why I need to kill someone to be able to get the bonus?

Considering the bad special of evis, this is really a bad trigger.

Agree with OP. If the sfx were to be improved so it doesnt feel like a club swinging it would make the weapon more enjoyable to use.

The old chainsword could also use a tune up in the sound department when hitting enemies.

Well, what else would it trigger off? Shred already has Crit on Hit covered. Guaranteed Crit on Kill would be nutty (and make Crit on Hit next to useless). Crit on Elite/Special Kill?

For the heavy Eviscerator, it feels like a more relaxed trigger since you can activate your special, throw out a light attack and you’re pretty much guaranteed to kill some fodder, rather than having to wind up a heavy attack with the other Eviscerator.

activating special like before?

When did it trigger on activating special? It’s been on special attack kill for as long as I can remember

you’re right… made a confusion with the same blessing on force sword.

I have done forestry and sure if i need to fell a tree (crusher) i rev the blade. If i knock over some branches (Horde) i don’t need it. Depends on the thickness.

Giggidy.

It’s all fun and games, until someone revs their chain weapon