Launch Error - Forbidden Windows kernel modification detected

Issue Summary:
“Launch Error - Forbidden Windows kernel modification detected” when trying to launch the game within the launcher. Launcher itself is fine.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Update Windows to Fast Ring Build 18252
  2. Launch Vermintide 2

Reproduction Rate: Constant (100%)

Additional Information:
I know. You could say that this Windows Version is Beta and therefore probably not supported. I just wanted to let the devs know. Thats all.

DxDiag.txt (72.6 KB)

[Attach Your Session Console Log]
There was no log that had the same date as the session

Vermintide_Kernel_Error

My apologies for the delayed response. This error can occur when something has modified the Windows Kernel; whilst this may well be due to your version of Windows being a beta it could also indicate malware, so it might be worth performing a scan to be on the safe side!

I am having the same issue. I am on Windows Insider program so my Windows version will always be a prerelease. I am unable to launch this game due to kernel version mismatch. I have confirmed no malware is on this machine.

Thanks for confirming, hammerfaust.

Also, I tried it in a fresh and clean windows install. Still same issue.

As this is an Easy Anti-Cheat error, I’d recommend describing your issue in a message to them over at https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/vermintide2/contact/tech/. They’re very helpful and would be best suited to assist you in this situation.

Alright. Done! Thanks Julia.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.