KNOWN ISSUE: Operative-Specific Crashes

We are aware of a crash that seems to occur only on specific operatives. For example, you may be able to play as Veteran, but experience crashes when playing Psyker, or the other way around.

This is due to be addressed in our upcoming hotfix, however, you may be able to work around the issue using the instructions below:

NOTE: If Steam Cloud saving is enabled for Darktide, this may automatically restore the AppData and consequently cause the error to resurface. You can disable Steam Cloud Saving for Darktide via the Steam client by:

1. Navigate to your Steam library
  2. Right-click Darktide
  3. Select ‘Properties’
  4. On the ‘General’ tab, scroll down to ‘Steam Cloud’
  5. Disable ‘Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide’

NOTE: This will reset any custom keybindings.

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to: AppData\Roaming\Fatshark
  4. Delete the entire ‘Darktide’ directory

You will then need to use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option, which is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.

1. Right-click Darktide in your Steam library sidebar
  2. Select ‘Properties’
  3. Select the ‘Local Files’ tab
  4. Select the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ button
  5. When complete, close and reopen Steam

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Issue Description (Required):

So as of yesterday i was crashing whenever:
i left the meat grinder
loaded into a mission
finished a mission
died in a mission
spectated a friend in a mission
to try and fix this i did the following:
limited fps
put all settings on low
changed worker thread amount
deleted shader cache
reinstalled the game
BUT NOW HERES THE WEIRD PART
this issue only exists on my veteran i could play my zealot just fine with none of these issues happening so now im just really confused.

EDIT: Just saw a similar post that stated they thought it was the plasma gun causing their issue and switching off the weapon solved the problem, However this cant be the issue in my case I use Kantrael MG XII Infantry Lasgun (Night-Eagle Skin and Aquila’s Head charm) and Munitorum MK VI Power Sword (Samiriad Tactical Skin and Sacred Triad Charm).

EDIT 2: Tried troubleshooting a bit based on the information in other posts. Below is the steps I tried:

1. Removed the skins and charms from both weapons, still constant crash rate
  2. Swapped the Munitorum MK VI Power Sword for Atrox MK VII Tactical Axe, still constant crash rate
  3. Swapped the Kantrael MG XII Infantry Lasgun for Agripinaa MK VIII Braced Autogun (the gun I used on my Zealot with no crashes all last night), still 100% crash rate.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID:
Log File:
Info Type:

Crash uploaded to developers, but failed to display info in launcher

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

darktide_launcher.log (491 KB)
console-2024-04-17-14.29.26-967fef49-26c4-495e-80cf-051c8257968a.log (131 KB)

This is on our radar, and another player here is having the same issue. I wondered if this might help?:

NOTE: If Steam Cloud saving is enabled for Darktide, this may automatically restore the AppData and consequently cause the error to resurface. You can disable Steam Cloud Saving for Darktide via the Steam client by:

2. Right-click Darktide
  3. Select ‘Properties’

You will then need to use the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’ option, which is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.

2. Select ‘Properties’

Ok will do this, Just a strange note this isnt exclusive to the Veteran class on my account just that character. I made a new veteran with my 5th character slot and he can load completely fine.

This worked, thanks a lot Julia :smiley:

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

whenever i leave a menu(vendors/inventory/talent tree) or signup for a mission/enter or leave the psykanium i have about a 9/10 chance to just crash to desktop. this ONLY happens on my psyker. my other characters are completely fine.
this happens even if i delete my userconfig files and let the game generate a new one.
ive tried changing between various weapons and cosmetics. nothing helps.
the stacktrace in the crashlogs allways mention the same things going wrong. something about ui and notification system.
halp!

Yes, and I’ve tried disabling them

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Raghie

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log (Optional):

console-2024-04-16-20.55.41-a5a10ca5-27e5-497f-b697-6bfe4ca4faff.log (143 KB)

We’re looking in to this, but in the mean time, could you please disable Steam Cloud saving + delete your AppData?:

2. Right-click Darktide
  3. Select ‘Properties’

2. Select ‘Properties’

ty for looking into it, i will follow these steps when i get home from work and leave an update.

Ive followed the above steps and done some testing of my own here.
if i enable steam cloud. i start crashing. as soon as i disable steam cloud (even without deleting the appdata files). no more crashing.
So it must be something in the steam cloud causing my crashes somehow.
can i reset my cloud data for the game so i can renable it so im able to set up keybinds etc again, without it resetting everytime i leave the game

You could try deleting Darktide’s data in the Steam Cloud directory!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<Steam Account ID*>\1361210

tried. enabled data, logged in. my keybinds were back. and i crashed as soon as i left the psykanium :frowning:

I recall another player having a very similar issue a while back. I’ve looked up their case, and this is the steps they performed to resolve the issue, which I hope will be useful to you:

• Delete the cloud save data from files (and recycle bin)
  • Delete my AppData
  • Disabled Steam Cloud data
  • Close and reopen steam
  • Launch darktide and load the character with the issue
  • Then when in the Mourningstar i tabbed out and re enabled steam cloud services
  • I then tabbed back into the game and quit via the menu
  • Closed and reopened steam and launched Darktide

ty for all the quick replies. truely appreciated. ive attempted this a few times now. but i cant seem to make it work for me. im gonna redo all my keybinds with steam cloud disabled so i can play my psyker atleast. do you know which file these keybinds gets stored in when cloud data is off? (just so i can keep a backup)
and sometime tomorrow im gonna try and reenable the steamcloud and tell it to use the local save and not the cloud save.

Make a backup of both directories (Steam Cloud data + Darktide AppData) as it’s my understanding they work in unison!

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Game crashes 100% of the time now during the loading screen of a mission. I can get into the Mourning Star, the Psykanarium, everything, but as soon as I try to load into a mission the game hard crashes. No report or anything. Just drops the game. This never happened before this garbage “update.”

No, I don’t use mods

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

GUID:
Log File:
Info Type:

Crash uploaded to developers, but failed to display info in launcher

Having the same issue.
It crashes during the loading screen, but i can connect when i restart. When i connect there is a 50/50 chance that audio constantly stutters (the audio constantly cuts out to sillence, somethimes multiple times in 10 seconds). When i reconnect the game will crash again after some thime or it just instantly crashes once i am done loading in. i don’t know how this update ruined the game this much. But yeah hope you used to money to update vermintide again and ignore darktide…
I am a bit mad because i do love darktide a lot but it gets barely any love while vermintides old keester gets so much.

Please could you share your most recent console logs with us?

console-2024-04-17-19.29.06-89efce7f-e9f4-4d3a-9228-b9914f96e80e.log (126.1 KB)

Got it. Please run through the steps below:

2. Right-click Darktide
  3. Select ‘Properties’

2. Select ‘Properties’