KNOWN ISSUE: Crash In The Mourningstar, Impacting Microsoft Store/Game Pass Players

We are aware players on the Microsoft Store/Game Pass are crashing when loading in to The Mourningstar, and are working on a hotfix.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

Still happening and you posted this 6 hours ago?
Hello?

GUID: d19ae2df-5d27-44a5-882c-9fb12cc99134
Log File:
Info Type:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not only loading in the Mourningstarā€¦ It Consistently crashes even if you manage to Load in less than a Minute. Getting Invited to a Group crashes instantly the Game. Now itā€™s completely unplayable.

GUID: 5cc6bcf9-6b73-4be8-9709-d22132caec19
Log File:
Info Type:

Very disappointed with your Live Service that Hotfix should be an emergency.
20h passed and still no update, gonna quit it for a while, just not acceptable for a Live Service Game while the Game is since Launch already unstable Performance and Crashes/Disconnects. Theres enough good Games right now coming out that have none of this problems, time to move on.

1 Like

Last answer 8h ago promising a ā€œhotfixā€ and then just disappearing from the topic ? ā€¦

People unable to access the game theyā€™re paying a service to play should be the number one priority.

GUID: 6570bc86-b33e-47cb-b950-1c1c236aaddd
Log File:
Info Type:

1 Like

This is newā€¦ crashing instant if I select ā€˜Invite to Strike teamā€™ or I try to do anything on Mourning Starā€¦

Soā€¦ whatā€™s next? A refund?

Can I have all my progress moved to Steam, incompetent imbeciles?

1 Like

GUID: 3aaed63c-ad43-4ac9-8d05-186caeb21d64
Log File:
Info Type:

1 Like

I tried reinstalling the game, managed to play 1 mission then when I loaded back into the Mourningstar it crashed again

1 Like

Itā€™s not just impacting Microsoft players.

The game crash on Steam, running on Arch Linux, latest kernel, latest AMD driver, latest Proton. Iā€™ve posted a crash report. See: Game crash on load since 1.0.31

1 Like

why why why whyyyyyy did I not learn my lesson with Vermintide.

This game has done nothing but crash since I started playing it. A few patches ago it was sporadicā€¦last week it was anytime monstrosities or big hordes came alongā€¦

Now? Any time I alt tab, any time someone tries to join my strike team, any time I try to join on a friend (You donā€™t even have this crap as a Known Issueā€¦literally all of us are unable to join on each other without it crashing) and now half the time I hit the Game Lobby this crap crashes.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been more over a company than I am over FatShark.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting this issue too.

Crash always happens for me in the Mourningstar, havenā€™t had a crash during a mission.

Happened to me most frequently while talking to Hadron and earning blessings

So I bought gameā€¦ and others are on game passā€¦ they crash when I invite them, I crash when they invite me!

This is fun, I will post on every possible social media you pathetic excuse for a software company along with your XBox junk MS platform.

I need a refund on game or game pass, decide which way the damn game works, as it seems I like it.

Clusterfork incompetence! Unreal BUGFEST 2023!

Since latest update when my friends or I try to join each others stike team, as soon as we join the game CTDā€™s. Joining random players by match making seems to work fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:
Join any friends strike team will cause instant CTD

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Microsoft Store

Player ID:
FadeToBlack2181

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
02/22/23 8:30 PM EST

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-12-09-02.32.41-63bfe248-2ae2-4fed-8999-ba14242eb2e7.log (148.7 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
darktide_launcher.log (952.8 KB)

1 Like

Me and my three friends having the same issue. No matter who invited who any combination of joining would instantly crash the game. updated all drivers and problem persists.

1 Like

New and aexciting crash to desktop for me whenever buddy accepts join invite. SIGH. Game pass.
GUID: ab6bb3d7-f6ba-472a-9b32-b4962fcb1a80
Log File:
Info Type:

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Attempt to pick up the second Grimoire
  3. Crash

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

This crash should be resolved in our upcoming 1.0.31+ hotfix.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Apologee NOT accepted.

BUTā€¦ I have cancelled XBox Game Pass and bought the game since itā€™s clearly Microsoftā€™s incompetence at play!