KNOWN ISSUE: Contracts Not Counting Scriptures/Grimoires

We understand Scriptures and Grimoires aren’t being recorded in Weekly Contracts as expected, and are looking in to the issue.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

2 Likes

played a mission, didn’t install any mods, i made sure to check on melk to activate him, still didn’t get my progression for tomes

got 3 tomes i should have get 6/16, i got progress in the other tasks, but not the damn tomes

i know i can fix this problem with better melk’s mod, but i decided to play a game vanilla because of the update, man i’ve regretted it, wasted 30 minutes for nothing

UPDATE

i played another game, 3 more tomes still 3/16, 20 more minutes wasted

i guess this quest is completely bugged now

1 Like

Just in case: maybe try to reload game and check if it changes anything (some Bugs get fixed that way).
It usually worked for TPKs, not fished runs but Hey, maybe we are going to be lucky.

i just gave up and got the 400 plasteel, even if its worth much less melk juice

oh by the way i did restart the game, to activate the mods!, but still didn’t get progress

@FatsharkJulia unfortunately I can confirm - same problem here, task stuck on 14/16.

Should we change Scripture/Grimm tasks till next bugfix or can this be sorted out this week?
(I don’t want to lose 2x 1000 Melk coins for completing 5/5 tasks on both characters).
Please advise.

Edit: No mods as always.

I have the same problem. However, I am using Better Melk mod.

Issue Description:

I am currently standing at 10/16 scriptures or grimoires for the contract with Melk. I have completed 2 missions gathering 3 scriptures each. However the count has not increased.

Steps to Reproduce:

Start a “Pick up X Grimoires or Scriptures” contract with Melk.
Complete a mission gathering any number of scriptures.
Number should increase but does not.
I have NOT tested this with Grimoires.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Nephelus

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
8 PM - 9 PM PST, Nov 14, 2023

Reproduction Rate:
Twice

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

1 Like

I’m after 3 missions that included 5 scriptures in total and 2 grims.
But as I started today on the 4/8 level on my “Get 8 grims or scriptures” contract I should be already done. Unfortunately I’m still on the 4/8 level. Not a single book was counted towards the goal.

Just to point out: I am not using any mods.

1 Like

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
LeftIsBest-James

8 PM - 11 PM PST, Nov 14, 2023

Reproduction Rate:

Every game since (5-10games)

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
console-2023-11-15-12.01.58-60a45ebc-99bc-49fa-83be-0a534f8015a3.log (195.0 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (146.9 KB)

Got the same issue, strangely my other 2 characters it worked fine with, but that was before the recent update.
Stuck at 3 scriptures/grimoires, played at least 3 or so missions where all 3 scriptures were collected no progress.

It might be my misunderstanding, but it also does not seem to track kill progress right?
Unless bleed damage kills do not register to melee kills (even though it’s applied by a melee).

I had the same issue happen yesterday as well. I had at least 1 grimoire for our team (can’t remember if we had a second), but it did not tally when I checked back in with Melk.

1 Like

I have two characters stuck with the requirement to recover 1 remaining grimoire.

Tested on the first three difficulties through the week with some groups not collecting all, and in the most recent - making sure all Grims were collected.

Gonna have to tell Sour Milk I need a new contract.

1 Like

All 8 missions were scripture/grimoire missions and we got all of them. It hasn’t counted the last 8 books, in the very least.

1 Like

Just wanted to come in after the reset this week to point out that this is still bugged! Change out your missions :).

2 Likes

3 scriptures and still 0/16, also my other weekly objectives are not counting proplerly. I got not ranged Dreg kills apparently… below attached is todays
console-2023-11-20-03.02.06-2dd2f9ce-64d6-49f0-a08f-b751d3bdb1f5.log (189.2 KB)

Steam Profile: Steam Community :: charmz_boyy

Issue Description:
Sine the Traitors Update i’m not able to gain any Scripture for Melk mission.
i still have 1/16 collected, which i made before the Update
After that i played at least one Mission where we have had collected all 3 Scriptures but it still shows 1/16
Not sure if it also applies to Grimoires, just had scripture Missions

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
none

Steps to Reproduce:
Finish mission with Scripture, dont get Melk mission progress

any with Scriptures

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store/Xbox]
Steam

Player ID:
SteamID: Novalis

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant

Screeshot from Mission where we completed with 3 Scriptures
Progress from Melk after that mission

[PC] Paste Crash Report, or Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
[Instructions: How To Provide a Crash Report, Console Log, or darktide_launcher.log]

could it bee that the Scriptures dostn count on levl 2 missions? only from 3 upwards?
That would be my only guess, why this could be “normal”
but still, if it only counts for lvl 3 missions, it should be stated in the mission description

Can confirm, also tested a grim mission. No mods installed. Have grabbed half a dozen scrips and a grim and no progress. Pls fatshark dont steal my 1700 melk tokens.

I confirm, after update 15. Toms and Grimms do not count towards weekly contracts. On any difficulty and mission.

1 Like