KNOWN ISSUE: Backend Error

Issue Description:

Can’t connect to game servers. When loading from the lobby to the servers, it gives an error: internal_error. And so from the moment of buying the game … It allows you to create a character and undergo training.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):

Internal_error

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launched the game from steam
  2. Chose a character
  3. Launched game search
  4. Observe backend error

Platform:

Steam

Player ID:

Спайсовик

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:

11/21/2022, 15:51 PM (GMT+5)

console-2022-11-21-10.50.28-33bf2f17-02e7-4c5b-b0e8-4902b46f7e21.log (35.5 KB)
user_settings.config (3.1 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (355.5 KB)

backend error.

1. launching the game
  2. skipping the intro scene
  3. pressing the space bar to get into the menu
  4. getting a message every time after several attempts

“Backend Error Error sighing in”

(for some reason can’t get the picture with green text only the loading screen underneath.)

Steam

11.21.2022 13:00 PM GMT+1

Getting this error today after a sync fail on steam.

Ogryn Skullbreak/Assasination/magistrati Oubliette tm8-707
Playing through run with scripture
Then experienced Channel game drop-then reconnected/then experienced Lost connection-Reconnected/Then experienced Internal error- reconnected and played out rest of run succesfully all that with in one run
11:45am EST 11/21/2022
console-2022-11-21-16.26.03-8553d3a1-5f20-49ca-87f2-1727c54eabd7.log (294.7 KB)

My backend error stopped once I enabled ipv6 via my router. I turned it back off and I started getting the error again unless I use a vpn to connect.

1 Like

So I started having this error when I was trying to find a fix for another issue I was having. My original issue was that I would click play on steam and the game wouldn’t launch what so ever. I did get the game to launch by running the Darktide.exe in admin mode. However once I got to the “press space to continue” screen I would get the back end error just like everyone else here. I tried all the fixes for the back end error listed here, short of the VPN, but non of the others worked.

I ended up going back and looking for a solution to the original issue and I found one and it fixed both problems for me. Someone on Reddit suggested to delete the folder in appdata/common/fatshark file location to fix the game not launching so I tried it and it fixed both issues at the same time.

Now I’m not sure if this is a fix for people who are solely having the backend error but hopefully this may help narrow down what is causing it.

After the last 200 MB update , everyone i know is getting backend error.

some other players:

1 Like

same

Same for me and all my friends

all good for me now

Can confirm, working now

Backend error still there for steam users. over 60k and climbing, dozens reporting on steam forums.

aye getting the same error was able to play one mission after the update

91K people in queue. Servers say nope.

Still having issues. Over 137k in queue. Makes me wonder if people aren’t being cleared correctly since there aren’t near that many people playing with steam right now.

think with every new session , the number increases and no one connects.

I have had the issue since before the update. Still not working

Whenever I attempt to play darktide, WITHOUT launching and connecting through a VPN first, I get a Back End error after the main screen. This happens every time I launch the game and do not connect to a VPN.
console-2022-11-22-08.35.39-98cb7e45-ccfb-4a56-a199-946bfe5786d9.log (26.1 KB)

– EDIT
Just saw the topic from Julia about the back end error. Just wanted to includ the extra information I did not add previously.
My platform is Steam and my steam URL is: Steam Community :: Dez

Game Issue Description:

Game keeps on getting backend error while in creation mode and signing in upon getting entry into the game operative does not get level up after completing a single mission, already have been to 7 missions and no exp, no level-up, same weapon, same gear nothing has change. bug is persistent causes laggy and crashes the game every time too.

player race: sharpshooter(veteran)

Mission: Any mission does not matter wont level up keeps on hung up.

Platform: Steam

Player ID: Steam ID: 76561198096928639

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: 11-22-2022, 5:00pm (UTC +8)

Reproduction Rate: Constant (100%)

(the update fix nothing at all the bug is still there persistent than ever!)

Crash Report (If Applicable):
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Steps to Reproduce:
Just getting onto the game, hitting space/escape as needed to skip the cutscene and loading screens, then hitting space to actually login, and…backend error after waiting for about a minute. I don’t even get to see a queue position, and this is still happening after the update that was released today and has been ongoing since the 17th. Wanna play, but, I’m not getting a VPN to play the damn game lol. Never in my life had to do that and not going to.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
(Steam Community :: Detective Donut)

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11-22-2022, 8:11 AM (EST)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-22-13.07.48-2d1c00a8-f96a-45a4-9938-5eaadf3e8bb7.log (20.6 KB)

console-2022-11-22-13.10.29-048d75b2-a848-49fc-b59a-85c7aa75392c.log (15.9 KB)