Killshot Uniform Vanilla still missing handprotection unlike newer ones

I hope they do not change it.
I actually prefer the goves of the penance skin (without the armor plate).
It makes the penance version of the skin different from the store skin, past the recolor.

that is the most useless piece of protection i ever seen, and it makes it look beyond silly

Good we have different opinions ^^
Useless not really, youre Knuckles and top of the hand are covered, how can this be useless?!

for what reason does that specific area need increased protection,

• if there’s shrapnell you’d be hella lucky if for some miracle it hits only that area, = shrapnell protection redundant

• projectile resistance:
    yeah that surface area is basically nothing likelihood of that specific plate being hit instead of the arms or legs is a nonefactor too not to mention that thin leather glove has about no shock absorbant so if a kinetic projectile hits that area and doesnt penetrate chances are your hand is broken anyway
    for energy based projectiles its pure speculations but if we can take any description serious that plate won’t have any protective value

• melee:
    now here is something that potentially has some" use, but again the area coverage is not that great, any strike hitting that plate would likely hit it in an angle wich meant cutting flesh also, a perfect 90° glance or Riposte is still unlikely, also 0 finger protection is juck.

its better than nothing right? nope your an rifleman your job is to operate a rifle at peak capacity, and a plate especially one with those sharp angles would be prone to catching all sorts of latches from ammo grenade pouches etc, happening at the wrong moment at the wrong time, your dead.
(tangling is a major concern for Militarys around the world, especially for paratroops)

that’s why it looks silly to me

1 Like

*Shrapnel probabyl primary concern, makes absolute sense. THats the thing about Shrapnel, its always about luck where it hits you.
SO yes, your Argument is Redundant

• Projectile resistance, absolutely not, i a agree

• Melee absolutely yes, albeit no powerswords, axes for sure makes it redundant yes.
    Always perfect angles, probabyl not either, but its good to have, you know old Knight Armor yes?, so again makes total sense. Its a lighter version but still better to have something than none.
    They had Handprotection for a reason even with Handguards, since even a slight cut onthe Hand can amke you flinch for a second and that is enough to kill you!

And no these are no Paras, so that Argument is not viable either.
In Warhammer anyways they use Grav-Chutes or Jumppacks and no Chutes with Paracords as far as i know ^^ They are called “Drop Troops” for a reason
You have a picture of the Gear, so where do you wanna get entangled in there?
You dont reach into Mag, or Grenade Pouch with your whole Hand do you?
Its all about your fingers. So again not viable buddy

There are no latches or anything on that Uniform you could entangle with that sort of armor plate on the Uniform.
Entaglement is not the always the obvious problem its weight most of the time. But we are in 41-42k in the future aswell, so they probabaly have very sturdy and lightweight metals.

Peak Condition?! Well tell me how this plate would hinder you Firing a Rifle at Peak Condition?
Youre Fingers are totally flexible and thats where it matters ^^
I was in the Army and this would definetly not stop you from firing any less.
And again we come back to Handprotection, and Peak condition. What do you think how good can you handle your Rifle in peakl condition when youre are hurt on the Hand cause you didnt have this protection? Top of your Hand is the biggest Area that can get hit of your Hand!

Also it functions as a Brass Knuckle aswell, which couldnt hurt in Warhammer.

Last point you didnt mention is a Weapon sling, but since you never see on ein Warhammer its not a Argument either, even if they had one. Only silings there are are in the books or on the miniatires sometimes. But even they wouldnt matter. No chance to entangle. How du you think they are sitting on the hand. Definetly not open on the sides XD

AND the Most Important Rule of all, since its Warhammer
RULE OF COOL!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.