Itemization Rework Q&A Part 1 - Dev Blog

Srawhat = the GOAT!

In defense of Fatshark, ongoing game development requires cash flow from somewhere.

Buying MTX cosmetics or DLC (other games) generates revenue and funds for content development, but if no one pays, there is no money.

It is impossible to create content out of nothing.

While I am well aware of No Man’s Sky free updates, that game is an anomaly (pun intended), and the truth remains.

Personally, I have several complaints about how Fatshark has handled and continues to handle this game, but the game is in a lot better shape currently, and hopefully the crafting revamp will be enough to turn the game around.

3 Likes

rotating fomo shop with bad reused cosmetics sure helps that : )

4 Likes

I agree with everything you said, and as I’ve said before, we should be able to dye our cosmetics anyway we want (for free), just like we can in GW2, ESO, FFXIV, and Deep Rock Galactic and the ‘ForTheDrip’ mod while being client side is exactly what I mean.

i hope this means we get to have fun and choose our missions : D

2 Likes

Hi! This post came out over a month ago. I know we’ve had half our crafting system for two years, but half an update post for a month and change is a lil silly, do we know when Part 2 releases? Thanks.

1 Like

Part two should be released before the end of this week! We lost a week during Gamescom. :pray:

14 Likes

Also, y’all will have a date this week :shushing_face:

13 Likes

You will take this directional instruction:

I trust you won’t miss it.

8 Likes

ohohoho.

Now obviously I don’t know what’s gonna be in here and whether it’ll be of substance, but I am curious.

3 Likes

IF this reveals how the crafting will work and it even contains a single shred of RNG I will lose my shi t.

I wouldve been ok with some small degree of RNG in a deterministic crafting system at the beginning of the game, but after hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay and almost two years after release, im just sick of it.

I dont want to see any more RNG in my crafting, regardless of how small it is.

Im sick and tired of it and I wont pretend otherwise. That wont be fine, I wont have it and most of all, I wont settle for it.

For me its ride or die with this update. Either crafting gets fixed or FS wont see me spending money on their games ever again

6 Likes

It does, so let the poop loose.

Acquisition is still random. Randomized weapons at level 1, randomized weapons at level 30. Difference is, you can boost any weapon’s randomized stats to 380, with whatever random max spread it has.

2 Likes

No, I wont “let the poop loose”.

Why still stick to horsepoop RNG when youre designing a “proper” crafting system in the first place. Youre already building it from scratch, so make it right instead of reusing or basing it off of a system the community has been complaining about since release.

Edit: Also this is still not the crafting system that they promised us before launch, so technically, theyre still not delivering what they promised

2 Likes

What did they even promise at launch ?

And things changed, maybe their ‘promise’ is not a promise and just something they had announced and that wont happen anymore ?

1 Like

I wont bother to type it out again, so heres a link:

Also if a company announces something to be in the game and advertises it, its a promise. You know that false advertising is illegal, right?

2 Likes

it’s more like they just lied

1 Like

Also this:

If you havent, I would recommend giving the crafting memorial a read, lists quite a lot that is wrong

1 Like

I think the intent is to continue to allow the journey from level 1 to level 30, and from a busted nothing weapon to a god roll, interesting. RNG allows for that to be done “cheaply” – and it could be fun to talk about other mechanisms for maintaining the constant feeling of getting better equipment along the journey – but no great alternatives really spring immediately to mind for me.

Based on what we know, the new system seems very well-considered to me. The real pain of the RNG is that you can pour hours into the game, trying to work towards a better weapon, and the RNG can rob you of any progress. But that won’t be the case now with the deterministic system. And the RNG will still be there to offer shortcuts to trying new weapons.

They’re being cheeky, Former CM Hedge was saying that same thing. Arguing that FS saying something and then it later no longer being true doesn’t necessarily mean that FS is lying. Or something like that.

1 Like

That would pertain more to weapon customisation (which prior to launch had been mentioned as not possible anymore).

Also there is a difference between false advertisement and this scenario.

False advertisement would have had the trailer feature a Sister of Battle, then release without it for example, are you also going to claim that the area map having changed prior to launching as also being false advertisement ?

Or you know, the trailer actually showing the weapon getting different parts changed, you know like many games often do

While being cheeky, it’s also not exactly wrong, but not for this case.

His issues were never covered by Crafting, they were something else.

If some dude want to say modders did it
  • Have they managed to make it communicate with the servers and other peoples
  • Have they managed to make the system worth doing on weapons that don’t currently benefit from it
  • Have they managed to make out a way to make it work for Investors (Games Workshop and Tencent)
  • Have they managed to make it stable.

If they want to make a journey from 1 to 30 just give the player a fixed amount of points to work with and let them allocate those points. That way you still have a gear progression.

Thats quite literally just having good rng. Theres nothing interesting about it. That way a dude that just hit 30 can hit a god roll and someone thats already 100h+ in still has to grind fro it. Yeah seems pretty interesting and moreover, fair to me.

Well I just listed you one. Wasnt that hard tbh. Also theres been multiple recommendations all over the forums. If you try to find one, Im positive it wont take that long.

2 Likes