Introduction to the Itemization Rework - Dev Blog

doesnt matter whether we wont it or not. its gonna be forced on us to “appeal to the wider audience” as is the case with so many games that deid because they killed their core playerbase.

1 Like

Can but hasn’t. You still need to fish brunt or another source for good base rolls. There’s also no clarity on aforementioned upgrade potential. If it is a seperate RNG roll this is an ADDITIONAL layer, since even a great base roll can be gimped by bad upgrade potential distribution.
Add to this the fact that you have to always grind a new weapon family before you can use the blessings you want and you have a worse system that is introducing deterministic paths but offset with different RNG and a new timesink. This in essence is no difference to the current system we have in terms of time required to get what you want.

So yes, it’s the same trash in a different flavour.

A wise choice would have been to give us the option to reroll or redistribute a weapons stats. That would instantly alleviate all the above mentioned issues. But they’re not doing that, are they?

So no this isn’t wise. It’s malicious and full of double speak.

4 Likes

artificial player retention.

1 Like

The big issue here is “How long?”

Like, if the grind is too long this could suck. If it doesn’t, it might be really good.

We don’t, and can’t, know this yet. Overall I’m pleased with new itemization but we can’t judge if it wastes our time yet when all we know are the basics.

3 Likes

Sure would be nice if there was ever a follow up to these dev blogs with the CM clearing up any misunderstandings the community might have, instead of letting our imagination run wild huh.

3 Likes

i expect the reason they dont is because they know the general consensus will either by mid or negative and would rather just dump it on us and go “wait this isnt what u all wanted??” a month later or hit us with another chatgpt apology.

1 Like

Clearly Catfish is in a coma and StrawHat has logged all their part-time hours over the past few days.

2 Likes

Confession time, last time I cared about new players was when I was doing the rescue and revive penances on any damnation map with grimoires, I’ll just like to thank every new player then for their service.

Yes, the middle ground on what Fatshark envisioned the item acquisition to be and what people are willing to put up with.

1 Like

I’ve tried to collect some of the critique people had with the current blog and structure them into 5 points that need addressing.

Crossposting it here for visiblity:

3 Likes

you gave me the idea.
Question to ChatGPT: “Can you access this thread, read it and write me a letter to the developers of this game (in english) that would summarize the main complains of the players?”

Answer:
Subject: Concerns Regarding the Itemization Rework

Dear Fatshark Developers,

I am writing to summarize the main concerns expressed by the community regarding the recent itemization rework. While there is general appreciation for the new Mastery and Expertise systems, several issues have been highlighted:

1. Randomized Stats: Players are dissatisfied with the continued reliance on randomized stats for weapons, feeling it undermines player agency.
2. Cosmetic RNG: There is a desire for a balance between deterministic itemization and some level of cosmetic randomization for engagement.
3. Existing Inventory Migration: While the migration system is appreciated, clarity is needed on how it affects current inventory, especially with high-level resources like diamantine.

Thank you for your attention to these concerns.

Sincerely, The darktide players

I love ChatGPT :smiley:

2 Likes

AI really is getting kind of scary if you didn’t have to edit that at all.

2 Likes

I have not even changed one word (except the signature). Proof:

2 Likes

images

Just wanna go on record saying that I’ve always treated my devices with care.

5 Likes

you_keep_using_that_word

This is a sick joke. The new system sounds like it might even be worse than what we already have. With new weapon updates promising new grind instead of new content to enjoy. Why the hell would I consider coming back to the game for new updates when you’re only promising new grind for each new weapon instead of just respecting my time investment so far and letting me use my hard earned resources to simply use the new weapons? NO. I’ll keep playing games that actually respect my time.

9 Likes

how it was with the new stuff they just added for me. “oh look more blessings i have to magically stumble upon with the rng”

2 Likes

At least it proves I hand-write everything I post.
I’m NEVER that concise.

3 Likes

I personally welcome these change and look forward to see how it turn out at release, sure it’s a little grind to master the different weapons, but I honestly don’t think the grind seem so bad if you enjoy the game, besides you don’t need a perfect rolled weapon to complete auric missions if you know what you’re doing it just makes it easier to get through the missions.

Again I understand not everyone like a grind, but if I were given the best items in the game right away I would get bored pretty quick, but maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

its fine if your new or dont have alot. its comparable to starting over for people who have built equipment and inventories. nothing says “respecting players time” like forcing those who have played for hours getting what they want to do it again.

1 Like

@FatsharkStrawHat @FatsharkQuickpaw @FatsharkCatfish please consider answering these questions.

4 Likes

I have close to 1200 hours so I wouldn’t say I’m new. I can live with a small grind to get my masteries up even if it mean I have to drop a difficulty or two for a little while.

2 Likes