I don’t like the nurgle gas levels. I just don’t. I don’t play them. Ever.
So if my “random” level set gives me gas (heh heh) early on then I’m basically out of there, and then seeing as that’s just going to be there from then onwards, I’m not likely to bother. I’m not going to be convinced to do it - as @Ragnarok101 said - this isn’t a job.
I’m also curious how FS are going to stack 40 different negative modifiers. I’m trying to think of 40 different ones that they have? Gas, CDR, Monsters, Nurgles Blessing, Extra Elites etc. … then what? So presumably after you’ve gone through all the ones we actually have, then we’ll repeat with a second stack that is just going to be “MORE BADDERER!!”. Is there actually enough in game content as it is to even support this?
IDK. I think this is a bad idea. It’s badly conceived imho. I think it’s almost like having the whole {Level 4 - through to - Auric Maelstrom} difficulty spread slapped in to one mission where you just hope everyone is more or less equal. I think if you had the gaming populations of rocket league then sure. I think with (let’s say) 3000 EU players in total that’s going to be imposkibles (sic). And any players over on servers in less busy timezones, yeah, good luck.
Meanwhile, you’re sucking players out of the mainstream modes … well, until everyone realises it’s like the twins (“FFAB” - fun for a bit) and then forgets about it.
Don’t do it FS! Honestly. Don’t. This isn’t the additional content we’re looking for.
I’ll say for the record that I genuinely dislike FS’s approach of adding new game modes at the expense of making improvements that diversify and expand the base game mode.
Weaves had many cool ideas, but forced players into a separate mode entirely.
Chaos Wastes was likewise a separate mode with cool concepts and fun modifiers, but again didn’t much at all the base game mode.
In both cases I would’ve greatly preferred to see the mutators and fun ideas of these modes just incorporated into the main game mission.
For Darktide, it would’ve sounded a lot cooler to me if Havoc was just difficulty 6 that would have a weekly pool of maps and a bunch of expanded modifiers affecting gameplay. Weekly challenges if you will - or even an expanded Maelstrom like situation.
I don’t need a freaking ladder board or have some other pointless ranking system to juggle or be pushed to use the party finder or whatever.
What is FS’s goal with implementing the havoc gameplay wrapped in such a system? Why not just make tiered maelstrom levels or something that people can QP into?
If you are going to have some sort of structured progression mode, why allow people to jump the grind and join a higher level match? Doesn’t that circumvent the whole point of the system to begin with?
This whole proposal just seems weird to me.
Edit: Not that it will ever happen, but I wish Fatshark developers would engage the community a bit more to float ideas and concepts (and maybe even alternative options) by the community before they invest time building systems that no one even asked for.
I just tried a few games with the new tentacled mobs and I like it. It’s a little bit more of that extra variety and warp infestation that I suggested in an another thread, and I can’t complain when I get what I ask for. It’s a nice addition to the game. Can’t wait to see it pop up in the Maelstrom missions too.
On a related note, I was hit by the idea of a Nurgle sorcerer specialist running around “blessing” other mobs either with Nurgle’s blessing, or tentacles, yelling “accept the Grandfather’s Gifts”(something along those lines) followed by a psychotic cackle, or the whole Burblespue Halescourge routine of grotesquely snotty blabbering, possibly also having some sort of telekinetic attack, or just straight up purple warp lightning.
It shouldn’t be strong or do a lot of damage, more like a buff-type character that “enhances” nearby enemy mobs and just adds a bit of spice with the sorcery and voicelines. With the health of a dreg gunner or something, but very fast on his/her feet.
Garbage cause of 1 reason - rewards, useless frames, banners and titles? extra diamantine and plaststeel? Players need more gold! We spend gold for rolling weapons, upgrades, cosmetics and many other actions, while other resources we get from relics and idols on mission. Extra mastery exp, really? Is it a joke? Ppl will go there with fully uopgraded weapons cause they want to win, for what i get mastery? For 21 lvl weaponry? only what needed is Moebian 53rd black set, if only that set inst a recolour of that crap from battle pass
Could be super cool, could be a chore. I don’t know yet but I’m all about added dynamics. I enjoyed the mutator thing very much. Havoc levels that decay when not playing?? Eh, maybe. I’ll have to see it in action.
Thank you for giving us an armor set that can be earned in game!
It’s FS reusing a game mode. It’s going to be worse in every possible way, even compared to Weaves release, and then over the next 2-3 years it might get better.
A big problem with this mode to me is that, from a Coop perspective, if I’m playing with pals, if we’ve all got different orders (and I’m understanding correctly), we don’t really have an incentive to play together, we have an incentive to go look for other randos that have similar Orders. If I’m understanding the functionality correctly (someone let me know if I’m wrong on that) then Havoc is missing the beat both for Solo players and actual Coop players.
You can play any one of the team’s orders and you’ll all progress in level. Having 3 friends means you’ll have up to 4 different choices of which map/mutators look like fun.
Cool, I’m hoping that’s how it works because the way I initially read it sounded like we basically needed to PuG per order which would have sucked hard.
And that’s easy, the bot should take the place of the player.
Player is down, bot take is place and is down with the remaining “HP” percent before the alt+F4 (or when the player was disconnected).
Same about death. If the bot die during the time the player was away, he reappears captured.
Also i don’t see why when someone dies and leave the mission or disconnect, a bot appears… The bot should just replace the captured player.
And if you want to make penances more difficult, you can also count the player as dead if he disconnect and the bot dies or if he leaves mission. I am not in favor of this considering how many players completed penances with the current system.
But the first part, I really wish they implement a fix like that.
i´d even go further and take away the chance to progress once a certain amount of disconnects happen while in that modifier and within a certain timespan.
the odd crash or two every 6 hours ? no problemo
10 disconnects in 10 matches ?
there may be a small amount of people legit crashing that often, but seriously, why play at all if you´re certain to not complete a match?
maybe sort out the issue first or ditch the game for the time be.
if i knew my car was breaking down every 10 miles i´d not pick it as my main vehicle.