Idea to Tone Down Ranged Meta

I don’t know how you manage to play so aggressive, for me it’s more like…

If ranged can trace lof to rats, then I seldom can get to them in time, it feels more like the game “whack a mole” at expert level. If I want to kill rats I need to move out of sight or fight at a stupid positions, and we all know how good that is.

The above problem occure when ranged know how to positions themself, if they do it right, then it’s almost impossible to get to a good fighting position.

In some maps i will sureley fight and kill my share, but at others…

If I play WS then I can’t even charge longbow before specials/elites are dead, and it’s not caused of my “slowness”, if I use handgun then i’m fast enough.

1 Like

Yeah if there is a xbow BH on the team that can bodyshot literally anything without taking the time to aim for heads as WS do, or a handgun Kruber they will take some elites faster than you for sure.

I’m not sure how to explain it exactly, maybe I’ll have to give in and actually do some videos. Obviously it’s different from game to game, and if you have very, very good Pyro, BH etc on the team then all funneled hordes are trivial.

Friendly fire from sienna is so low however, that there’s no reason not to just run into the horde and trash it, forcing the sienna to also move forward if she wants more kills.

1 Like

Wiping your team in the process… yeah. :sweat_smile:

Judging from your posts, it honestly sounds like you don’t even play legend. Two ranged and two bots can easily clear anything? Yeah…stay in champion my friend.

1 Like

It’s because these forums are filled with champion mode all-stars.

1 Like

There are areas where you shouldn’t push because of possible boss/patrol triggers, but this whole idea of always hunkering down for every horde is just wrong.

That’s the way I played when I was still learning the game. Obviously if you have no idea about your teammates, playing it safe is best. If you play with the same pugs for a match or two you pretty quickly get an idea for their skill level, and whether or not it’s safe to speed up and be less defensive.

1 Like

BH can’t one-shot body-shot anything and everything. He can one-shot anything that isn’t in extreme armor, and only with blessed shot up. Which has a 10 second CD, unless he scores a melee kill. Huntsman on the other hand, is extremely strong and will probably get nerfd again.

Once upon a time I struggled to transition from vet to champ, and for an even longer time I struggled to transition from champ to legend.

shrug

Not everyone has time to put in 400 plus hours into a game just a few months from release like I did, and learn all the finer points.

I do think the ranged meta is far less pronounced in legend than other difficulties, but that’s tricky to balance I think. Making vet or champ harder will just drive more people away as they face a difficulty wall that feels insurmountable.

Pretty sure the xbow charged will 1 shot body kill SV and maulers, the only exceptions being shield vermin and CW.

That’s the problem. This game will NEVER and should NEVER be balanced around the lower difficulties.

2 Likes

Nope, charge shot can one-shot if they’re all headshots, not body. Which requires you to be really close. Other than that, you need blessed shot up. Now crossbow on the other hand can one-shot pretty much anything aside from extreme armor. But you sacrifice horde clearing, a lot of BH are using this setup.

Yeah by xbow I meant crossbow :slight_smile:

But using a crossbow takes away your horde clearing ability, which is exactly what others are crying about ranged being too strong. Every class is supposed to be good at something, not everything. Sienna clears low health hordes, but struggles with armored. BH/huntsman are meant to kill elites. And so on and so forth.

Yeah horde clearing is trivial even with pure melee team, so something being strong against hordes has never seemed very OP to me.

1 Like

Sadly, the millennials on these forums don’t understand that. All FS needs to do is buff a lot of melee weapons to provide better cleave, and the ranged meta will go away. There are far too many weapons that stop after 1-2 low health mobs, when it should be 3-4. I mean, we’re swinging a giant weapon, why on Gods green earth are they getting stuck after 1 slave rat? Fartshark…?

1 Like

More cleave, more stagger and more AP options would go a long way to make melee more fun and more viable for more careers, absolutely.

2 Likes

Yup!

But lets just nerf ranged, because wahwah I don’t want to think logically. :wink:

1 Like

hmm, let me think… It was only a few days ago I did a public legend with only one player joining, and I was handmaid shortbow, did not even need to pull a clutch solution.

And i’m not an expert player, perhaps a decent.

I have many times rolled with 2 good ranged, and there is not much to do as meele, after a few rounds it’s become boring. Yes, it’s an effective way to get easy EC, round after round. No down players, no hickup just 2 grims 3 tomes.

I don’t know about you, “friend”, but if bots were able to carry tomes and grims and if I won’t be tired of playing 2-3 careers that synergize with them, I would chose bots over pugs 100% of the time.

But you, yeah, keep searching for strong parties to carry you.

1 Like

Bots can carry tomes, grims can be tricky. And what’s funny is, if you complain about ranged killing everything it sounds like you’re the one being carried.