I went back to 1.7 for a week. Here's what I learned

Only if I had enough dust :rofl:ā€¦ imho an easy solution, good enough too, could be reduce their cost. Normal reds cost 5 dust because you can choose: chests or crafting. DLC reds donā€™t let you to choose, so they could cost 2-3 dust.

i would have been happy if you have to spend 10 crap 100 green 100 blue 100 orange to craft a 1 red dust

I mean like, you should at be able to craft a red. You wonā€™t get the illusion but at least you will have max properties to properly play legend+ difficulties

by adding this type of collection, you would play any difficulty to just pile up the dust collection

2 Likes

Maybe when currency comes out theyā€™ll let us trade Red dust for Shillings :joy: Kinda sucks, you got people struggling to get reds and then people with hundreds of red dust.

The simple solution is to move the weave crafting mode to the base game. Then Reds are simply glow cosmetics as you can roll full % weapons without reds.

1 Like

That or the Shrine of Solace. You could reroll the kinds of things, but you could also reroll the %. Each roll for a higher % could only change the stat if it rolled higher. So rolling the same % or lower would change nothing. It was a decent crafting system. Iā€™m more for the weave crafting thing though because of how simple and quick it is, whereas the Shrine of Solace you still have to grind out crafting(albeit not as bad).

2 Likes

That or the Shrine of Solace. You could reroll the kinds of things, but you could also reroll the %. Each roll for a higher % could only change the stat if it rolled higher. So rolling the same % or lower would change nothing. It was a decent crafting system. Iā€™m more for the weave crafting thing though because of how simple and quick it is, whereas the Shrine of Solace you still have to grind out crafting(albeit not as bad).

I can understand why they havenā€™t gotten rid of the whole weapon / armory ffrom the weaves version cause I am pretty sure that break the game or it would cause something to happen.

Ok, so if you brought in the weaves system what difference would it have been if you just changed the drop rates. do you see what am getting at.

I think this is more due to collecting books just taking more time and with most locations guarantees at least an extra horde and a set of specials, if not more. A run without books feels the same to me, only itā€™s faster by a big factor, like by 20% - 40%. Not that what youā€™re saying isnā€™t a possibility, just never personally experienced it.

Better drop rates still require you to reroll. I do like the loot part of the game too, but absolutely the opposite when it comes to rerolling. I am sure everyone has their own worst case story of how many hundreds of dust was burned due to RNG. When I decided to make new items for bots it took me ages and if you count all dust types used it climbed from hundreds to the next digit, probably just over 2000 if my memory serve me correct.

1 Like

i mention grims because it will usually spawn a monster or a harder patrol which seems to spike in difficulty pretty quickly. At least whenever I play the game it has. tomes usually donā€™t add much more difficulty. Grims def do add a spike in spawning things.

Well, Iā€™m agree with you, there could be a way to farm red dustā€¦ but also the other types of dust are important. I feel that, when you try more builds for every career (indeed when you are trying to get the best from your game), you can finish the dust. It happened to me time ago.
Now I go a little bit off topic, but let me say one thing. If orange dust are meant to be the most rare (red one apart), it seems stupid that 10 orange dust give only 10 blue dust. I would like to see 10 orange dust giving 20 (15 is good too) blue one. And 10 blue > 20 green.
Bright illusions are another problem. Players want red weapons because the illusion is cool, and because itā€™s like a symbol that proves you have spent a lot of time with that character. I would like to see crafted reds with their bright illusions (5 red dust is an high price)ā€¦ or, at least, I would like to see them into future Emporium.

1 Like

will presumably the illusions you would just get from loaners impourim however its spelled
but do i do agree crafting a weapon from dust should give you the illusion of the red item.
but if they fixed the red drop rates on the higher difficulties then that wouldnā€™t be such a problem.

1 Like

A well thought out essay. Sounds good!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.