Hey, Fatshark. That "Summer Announcement" is honestly such a great post

Seriously. I wanna let you guys understand this now, and not later.

Do you see how happy everybody in that thread is? Even though it’s essentially a delay post? StrawHat, to their(?) credit, is doing a marvelous job of meeting our concerns. Our opinion of you is, in some cases, shifting dramatically for the better just by being transparent and respectful.

FS, keep StrawHat around. Keep communicating. This here is what community management is supposed to look like. Between SH and Catfish, so long as you continue to enable them like this, we’re all gonna be primed for the next big update.

31 Likes

Give Strawhat a raise.

Seriously.

They’re doing so much to rehab the company’s rep rn.

Also someone send Catfish some strong antibiotics if they’re still sick.

19 Likes

We stan Strawhat in this house!

16 Likes

She was once known as StrawHat. She is now MobianSteelHat. :muscle:

Edit: updated since seeing your post in the other thread :saluting_face:

11 Likes

I’ll be going into the weekend with a big smile on my face. Thanks, team o7

43 Likes

Aw man. I’m feeling super happy. In all the years I’ve been here I’ve always been sad but with this communication initiative I’m feeling excited for the future of the game, the community, and for the developer. I’m not about to start playing Darktide or anything just yet, I’m going to first see how the itemization rework plays out and if our feedback is going to be seriously considered.

8 Likes

karkin’ hell, strawhat gives me more hope for gaming industry than anything else for like… last half year of my life

honestly, since darktide’s launch i think the only thing that was holding some people on game is just open messages from strawhat about what’s happening behind the scenes, including me personally when i was on 500+th hour of playing DT

thank you for your work @FatsharkStrawHat as always.

its not just hollow toe-sucking, thats how i personally feel/think

6 Likes

We’re all appreciative of the work you’ve put in since this most recent update has dropped. Even the smaller comments make a big difference.

Would love if after August and whenever itemization is that this is the norm. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

a man dying of dehydration will be satisfied with a muddy puddle.

4 Likes

You did well.

Hopefully player sentiment shows that in the reviews so you have something to show to your superiors. Maybe then they’ll understand the importance of community engagement.

6 Likes

@FatsharkStrawHat I don’t know if this increase in communication has been pushed for by you personally, but if it was I can personally attest to the frustration involved in prolonged petitions to higher ups to do something for their own and everybody else’s good. It takes a lot of energy and doesn’t always end well. In this case, it seems it has and whether this was your initiative or not, you deserve credit for taking on the job of rehabilitating Fatsharks community facing image, as it would certainly be a daunting task for anyone. I think you’re doing a fine job of it so far, for what it’s worth.

5 Likes

Thank you for making this thread

I’m strongly against the “positivity at all costs or else they will never communicate with us again” crowd. But this Summer comm is perfect. Not everyone is terminally online so they may not be aware how FatShark operates, this is simple expectation setting.

The CMs have been cooking up a communication strategy and I’m all for it. Frankly, I want more! I want to hear about how the CMs play the game (I really hope they play the game lol), I want to hear about the office culture, I want to hear about everything they can share. With the success of Helldivers 2 and XDefiant, both games have a leader who is overly communicative on social media, I think this is a strategy that works and will buy a lot of goodwill from the community.

:heartbeat:

5 Likes

On one hand, anything that isn’t actively antagonizing the community, hiding in corpo double speak, and/or months of silence is beyond just ‘dying of dehydration’, that’s someone actively force feeding someone salt. Frankly we should be doing everything that we can to encourage Fatshark to keep, at minimum, this level of communication going forward.

On the other hand though is that ‘at minimum’. This is what should be the bare minimum for communication on a live service game. Doesn’t matter what the industry is doing, if they’re going to be constantly tweaking and expanding on the game, they should be communicating with the community about the hows, whats, and whens of it. They don’t need to leave absolutely everything bare, but they should be keeping the customers in the loop as to how the product that they bought is being changed.

3 Likes

Exactly. It feels good just to be acknowledged and heard by a developer infamous for ignoring user feedback. As we say in Vermintide 2 Weaves when we die multiple times but manage to finally make it two steps from the starting area: this is progress. We celebrate progress like this. We encourage more of it.

In an ideal world we’d be more involved with development by having an open beta or such where we’ll have a voice in Darktide’s future that isn’t just limited to discussions.

3 Likes

What i most enjoy about it, is that is proving the eternal antagonists wrong that in fact it’s not the community being unreasonably hateful, and in fact how easily converted most here are.

5 Likes

When I, the guy who deliberately chose to start a project based on the Warhammer faction most defined by petty grievances, start being optimistic based on a CM making a few good comments and actually seeming to listen…

Like yeah there’s still skeptics, and people staring down Fatshark and not trusting this turn will last. And they’re right to.

But ‘fixing’ the attitude of the community is pretty easy.

4 Likes

I just hope that frquent comms won’t cause some kind of burnout in our CMs. Small steps guys!

3 Likes

Oh, not satisfied. Fool me once, and all that. A puddle is a puddle.

But, usually with these guys it’s either a hard rain or nothing. A puddle isn’t interesting because it’s too small an amount of information, it’s interesting because it’s new.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.