Graphical Bug /w Metal Armor on Training Dummies in Taal's Keep

Please see the pinned post: About the Vermintide 2 - Bugs Category to see what information to include in your report.

Bug Encountered/Frequency
Hi FatShark Developers, I noticed a weird graphical bug today in the training area. When viewing the metal helmets on the training dummies (armored or unarmored), if the training dummy was near another training dummy, it appeared to render fine. However, if it was not near another training dummy, it seemed to continuously try to render.

Note: I’m unsure if this graphical effect happens on enemies in-game, they’re too busy trying to kill me.

Steps To Reproduce
I set my graphics to lowest and reloaded the game, the issue was still there. I then set my graphics to extreme, and the issue was still there. It seems to be more prevalent when I enter Taal’s Keep and it’s sunny/bright outside, but I believe it happens all the time.

Video
EDIT: My graphics in the video listed below are set to “Extreme”, though I do mention below it happened when also set to “Lowest”.

At 0:05 - 0:10 you can see the buggy rendering on the helmet
At 0:10 - 0:25 you can see the rendering issue is gone when the dummies are next to each other
At 0:28 - 0:34 you can see the buggy rendering on the helmet again
At 0:35 - 0:50 the rendering issue is gone again when the dummies are next to each other
From 0:50 - 1:00 you can see the rendering issue again on the armored dummy

Other Notes
I run two monitors, with the Dell S2716DG (GSync) being my main monitor and a Dell S2716DGF (FreeSync) being my secondary monitor. Both are 2560x1440. My graphics card is a GTX 2070 updated to the latest driver as of this post (461.40), and my CPU is an Intel 4690k. I also run in DX12 mode, and have allocated the max # of threads to the game that I am able to (6).

This doesn’t affect (my) gameplay at all and it doesn’t appear to hurt my framerate or anything like that, but I’m letting you know in case it’s related to any other graphical issues others may be experiencing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu