Forum Avatars

I mean, I might be crazy, but I thought that the category for the topics was farther to the right:!

I thought it was on the right and moved beneath the name? I might be wrong with that, but I was pretty sure I would read the category closer to the center.

Sorry if this isn’t what you meant! :smile:

I don’t use the Latest view but do more manual sweeps of the categories using the preview as a guide. That view may well have changed @Torantolis! :slight_smile:

Why did I get new topic notifications of some random bug threads? I only selected that I get notified if a dev opened one.

While were add it talking about the Forum:
There aren’t that many people visiting here anymore but you once said you were looking into the topic of moderation. Anything on that?
I’m more than happy to remove duplicates and recategorize topics.

Not sure why you got notifications for certain posts. There is a toggle at the top right of the category overview which controls which notifications you get for that category. maybe the clue is there.

Additional privileges are given to users as they “rank up”. We might need to bring some of those ‘level up’ requirements down a bit in order to see people get promoted to the appropriate ranks to help out with the low hanging fruit of moderation.

3 Likes

I subscribed to Announcements and things containing the dev tag
These are all Bug treads

Oh so there are other ranks between Regular and Leader it seemed like you just used the discord default ranks.

Just noticed you got the 365 badge really didn’t think you were here every day. :grinning:

1 Like

Every. Single Day. :smiley: A Hedge never rests.

3 Likes

Can you link me to the app? I just open the forums on chrome.

Also, what’s this about additional ranks?

In Chrome select the settings and pick ‘add to home screen’. Turns the forums into an app. It’s just the forum skinned without the chrome fluff. Still uses chrome as the engine but feels more standalone.

Now I’ve looked harder there maybe less ranks than I thought. I need to spend more time learning the backend side of things. :smiley: I could have sworn there were more than it seems there are now I check again.

ahhhhh, I did it the other night by accident. I deleted it cause I thought it was just my old phone being weird. I’ll have to add it again.

I’m sure through the admin control panel, you could make new usergroups. I’m really only use to Vbullentin, been using it since the early 2000s back when I ran my starcraft forum. And later for a gaming community. But I remember there being a FAQ for these forums, I want to say the software is called discourse? I remember reading a bit about it and they have a progression system, where people get promoted automatically once they fill certain criteria. I honestly can’t seem to find the link to it anymore though. It had all kinds of info about this forum and how to use it.

So you guys, regulars, are one promotion away from top rank and should, I’m reading, be able to close, move, archive, and rename threads. It’s strange you can’t.

New ranks cannot be added it seems.

After a bit of google’ing I found it. There use to be a link to this here on the forums.

From what I’m reading on there, only leaders can edit, close and move threads. Unless you’ve changed the permissions yourself. I’m guessing you could just search “TL3” in the site settings and edit from there.

I think the regular info is just worded weird.

I think it allows us to edit our own threads, move them and so on. I remember I was even able to turn a post into a wiki at one point. Not sure how to do it anymore. I think a wiki on here would be great for newer players.

How do I complete the interactive advanced user tutorial? I have been trying to find out for a while now but can’t figure it out.

Send a message to discobot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found my new favourite user on this forum (@discobot).

Awww, I have a fan! :stuck_out_tongue: (kidding)

Honestly, though, the Regulars/Devs/Managers are all champs and there’s a lot of forum users who are just wonderful. It’s really fun to listen to what they have to say about stats, weapons, and balancing issues. Most of them operate with a clear head and are quite considerate of others.

I like it here. It’s cozy. There’s friendly people. And most of them are like me! Hereti-…

Blessed by Sigmar. Yep. Not at all anything else.

3 Likes

Sweet! thanks for your help

Hey that was a well guarded secret!

2 Likes

I have joined your ranks…

My reactions to some of the things I learned today
  • BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!
  • Ultimate power!!!
  • Discobot is absolutely adorable
  • FatShark takes great care of this forum

Heh. Practicing my newly learned skills. Now to start working towards that 365 day visitor Badge!

2 Likes

You should’ve been here at the beginning. It was basically full of Flagellants screaming to the heavens and anyone who’ll listen that FS were basically shat out by Nurgle with the sole purpose of annoying them personally on a cellular level.

There was much wailing. There was much gnashing of teeth. And the people cried in the streets when the Glaive got mega-nerfed, and there was almighty anger when the Huntsman’s machine gun got removed, and LO the misery caused by the nerf to falcion caused the people to wail to the sky, ripping their clothes in mourning.

And I say unto you that the nerfing of Wigglemancer caused a thunderclap of such self pity that many a Sienna player had to learn to actually play the game. OH the misery.

• Musings of an unknown madman, 2519 I.C
4 Likes

I never mentioned that there weren’t goons as well :stuck_out_tongue: plus, I saw the 100+ threads complaining about the Brace of Pistols change. That’s just people, though, and they aren’t evil for it. They’re just human ^^

But there’s awesome people, too! I don’t want to be excessive (as I shouldn’t just name everyone I love hearing from), but there’s a long list of friendly, level-headed folks here who try to be active for the sake of everyone else on-board.

I’m here in the End-Times with good company and nothing can convince me otherwise. Needless to say, we might be a little off-topic :wink:

2 Likes