Dodge sliding into corners can get you stuck

Fairly consistently on various different map geometry containing corners, a dodge slide into a corner can get you stuck as either human or ogryns. It’s difficult to get out, and sometimes you can get out by getting hit or just luck. I have not tested what angles cause it. I do happen to dodge slide a lot while I have the wall to my back, so that may be causing it.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Choose an character
  2. Find a corner
  3. Dodge slide into it
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Platform:
Steam

Reproduction Rate:
Common

1 Like

Hi VintageNuke. Our developers aren’t able to reproduce this in just any ol’ place. Is there a particular location you can think of, such as a place you can describe within a specific mission you know of? Video or screenshots would be lovely, of course, but a simple description would go a long way as well.

yes, happend to me aswell.
i also
was stuck behind the door, that opens , when you press the switch then continue to go up the stairs.

Oh sorry that I didn’t see this. I was on smelter complex, coolant restoration, and it was the middle section with the hacking servitors. The open room with the overlooking control room looking thing and the various tank side panels. The spawn waterfall to the left of the stairs to the control room has a corner between the stairs and the waterfall. I dodge slide into it and got stuck. I have also gotten stuck in other places as well, but I don’t remember them as clearly.

Better late than never! Thank you for getting back with me. I’ve updated the issue in the database with your description.

Here is a gif of me sliding into a corner and being stuck

Appreciated! Do you know which mission this is? I’m really bad with names, but looking at the objective, I’m guessing Chasm Logistratum?

Sorry I’ve not memorized the name

this happened to me in the assassination mission, the elevator before (the map where the target jumps down, the smaller one. map names could be better in this game). eventually as you can see the boss’s AOE push knocked me out of it. i’ve had it happen many times, i usually alt f4 out, let the bot load in and teleport to the party and then load in and replace it, i just couldn’t in a boss fight.

(warning, swears)

Just to help out with location names:

Nam’s spot is in: The Rats’ Nest in Chasm Logistatrum
coolcab’s spot is in: The Slammer in Magistrati Oubliette

1 Like

On Chasm Logistratum (Deliver the Special Ammo), I’ve also gotten stuck while sliding towards crates and opening them before the slide finishes in the last “room” area before the final event. This is on Zealot with a 80 mobility Combat Knife, so I slide very very fast. If anyone cares to investigate, I can try to take a screenshot of the specific box I got stuck on.

I’ve logged Nam’s and coolcab’s locations for investigation (and thanks for the assist Dripping).

@gordonz88 If you can get a screenshot of it, that would be very helpful. Don’t sweat it if you can’t or don’t want to get an image, though.

1 Like

Sure, I’ll go through my recordings after work and see if it pops up in any of them. Meanwhile I can try to describe it a bit better.

So it’s the “final room” before the Chasm Logistratum event, that you enter after fighting through the railway tunnel with wrecked train cars.

So you know how in this final room, it has two vertical levels? How when you first enter this room, you can either go straight forwards to go up some stairs, or you can go left first, then up those left stairs? I went up the stairs STRAIGHT IN FRONT of you when you enter this room. This takes you into a little green “contol room” area with consoles, displays, buttons, and gizmos and I think a wide window? It’s the small box against the wall, between two consoles(?) here that I slid towards full speed, opened before I stopped sliding, and got stuck on. Getting hit by a random enemy got me unstuck.