Content Drop - The ̶D̶a̶r̶k̶e̶s̶t̶ BRIGHTEST timeline!

̶R̶e̶j̶e̶c̶t̶s̶!̶

Varlets!

Here you can see some new quality of life items, map selection changes, and bot improvements!

New Features

Shirtless details

• Shirtless is now an option unlocked at level 30! The prison garbs are no longer mandatory! Various underwear options will be coming! Shirtless and pantless penances will be required for more unlocks.

Crafting changes!

• Perks can be picked from a catalogue
    (The price will now be the max value based on rarity of weapon or curio)
  • permanently remove locks from Perk slots
    (2k Diamantine, max cost for transcendent items.)
  • permanently remove locks from Blessing slots
    (2k Diamantine, max cost for transcendent items.)
  • upgrade weapon modifiers (For a max of 400 allocation points)
    price:
    → 100 Diamantine per 1% increase per modifier until 80%
    → 150 Diamantine per 1% increase per modifier 81-90%
    → 200 Diamantine per 1% increase per modifier 91-100%
  • unlock a Blessing of choice for the library
    (5k Diamantine for T4)

Resource siloing!

• We have been hearing this for awhile and have decided to remove resource siloing so players will play more classes.

Map selection changes!

• You can now select whatever map you want with desired secondaries at any difficulty, solo, private, or public!
  • There will still be a randomly generated set of missions that cycles every ~10 minutes so that by the time you finish one, another set will be available. These missions will be selectable at any difficulty and high-int and shock troopers will always be available!
  • Quick play will prioritize randomly generated missions with modifiers and will always give more XP, ordos, and crafting materials!

Solo mode!

• You can now play maps with your bot load outs (see below)
  • You can select a mission you want from the mission select and secondary objectives!

Bot Improvements

• Bots are now more willing to give their ammo crates and med packs to players.

• Bots now use medicae stations if they are at 30% health and only if players are above 50%.

• Bots are now more accurate with ranged weapons.

• Bots now have sturdier legs if they decide to take fast way down the ladder (they no longer take fall damage).

• Added bot commands wheel to make pickup and drop grims, grab ammo, heal, fire at enemies, cease fire, and more! Commands are more responsive, they are still bound by social wheel event count limit.

• Bots now stick closer when under high threat (many aggroed enemies).

• Bots no longer take ammo if any player is missing any ammo.

• Fixed bots not using heavy attacks on armored units.

• Reduced damage importance for infantry class enemies, causing bots to prefer faster wide sweep attacks on them.

• Added ranged weapon type classification, so bots should only use ranged weapon against targets that match weapon type eg. they won’t fire handguns at infantry.

• Bots now fire faster with rapid fire weapons like lasgun.

• Bots now try a bit harder to leave poison clouds if they land on them.

• Bots should no longer run off cliffs if they are in gunners fire cone or other long sticky AOE threat.

• Bots should now be more aware of pinged targets.

• Bots should now consider shooting at specials from a bit further away.

• Fixed bots getting stuck in charge attack.

• Gunners now update bot threat box when they switch direction of fire, so bots have better chance of escaping direct fire.

• Made bots stay away from Gunners and Reapers if they engage in ranged combat with them.

*You can now make loadouts for bots and choose their equipment, feats, and cosmetics!

Balancing Changes

• There has been a complete pass on all weapons, curios, feats, classes, perks and blessings.
  • Removed “More XP” and “More ordos” from curios.
  • For a full list of all changes click here: Balancing changes.

CONSOLE RELEASE DATE!
Next week™

32 Likes

If a patch like this dropped I think I would cry and then tattoo the versioning number on me.

12 Likes

This a beautiful set of changes. If only it were true.

7 Likes

post should lead with a warning similar to:

“The following is not for the feint of heart: You may experience dangerous, nay lethal, amounts of hopeium and copium upon reading the following post”

9 Likes

Ya know…I know I was the one who put it out there that there cannot possibly be any classes if there are no new weapons. But if you want the thickest possible hopium solution I can work out how I could be wrong.

Gunlugger - Autocannon as ultimate ability, like crank gun. Otherwise just carrying around normal ogryn guns and melee.

Veteran Sergeant - doesn’t have to release new weapons, just allows dual wielding of pre-existing pistols + melee. Might get plasma and bolt pistol one day but not today.

Class starts with C
Hopium for thee.

2 Likes

Way too much common sense and fun in these patch notes.

Fatshark will never do any of this.

6 Likes

This is the wrong category! it’s supposed to be posted in Announcements. @FatsharkCatfish, please fix!

8 Likes

HAHAHA XD give this man a cookie <3

2 Likes

Maybe in a couple of years we get like 10% of that list done. IF by then they replace whoever is in charge of the decisions on this mess.

4 Likes

Who knows, MAYBE the nebulous “quality of life” changes mentioned during the skull event will include some of this :smiley:

*End sarcasm protocol.

You’d see the nerdgasm from space if this was actually officially posted.

1 Like

oh my god, honestly I will cry if they would do this instead of doing whatever they are doing right now

1 Like

A future we all fight for. Godspeed, even we; the rejected varlets can become the Emperor’s finest.

2 Likes

I don’t know who said it first, but I’m still against the idea of grinding out resources even if it is to break locks. 4k diamantine for one weapon unlock is insane. You can’t be catering to the hardcore nolifer if you want a system to succeed.

1 Like

Remove this part and it seems like a good update :smiley:

With this limit in place, you would want to yeet a lot of your current weapons into the trash.
You would want to go to brunt’s armory and try to get an awful base weapon so that you can have the dump stat as low as it can possibly get.
Also, any rebalancing that touches damage in any way, would potentially brick your weapon because you might need to distribute your limited points in a different way to get certain breakpoints.

Also, it would mean that a few “misallocated” points would ruin a weapon after you already spent ressources to upgrade it.

Every single one of these bs limitations has to go.
Until weapons can be 100% maxed and upgraded to perfection, there will always be problems with things like that.

2 Likes

Don’t do this…don’t give me hope. I’m already the most optimistic of my friend group…

2 Likes

I laughed. Then got really sad for a while.
Then laughed again. Thank you, pal.

2 Likes

You will be added to the wall of posthumous heroes.

2 Likes

I thought this was real for a moment then remembered the thread name lmao.

3 Likes

what about amd bug? can u fix it too? pretty please

2 Likes