Constant problems with "Backend error: Couldn't resolve host"

Issue Type (Required):

Error - COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST

Issue Description (Required):

As far as I can remember, since the previous patch (honestly I think appeared randomly), I literally cannot complete a mission without loosing all of my progress and rewards. As someone who’s trying to get all the achievements for the game I find it all to enraging. Even worse, it crashes the entire game and I need to restart it. I made a post on Reddit about it and only today did I make a Fatshark forum account to get some help with this.

TLDR; Game literally unplayable.

[PC] Do You Use Mods? (Optional):

No, I don’t use mods

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Constant (100%)

Platform (Required):

Steam (PC)

Player ID (Optional):

Sorry to hear this @Catahman :frowning:

Our connectivity error solutons may be of help! here:

I will run a few tests on each of the possible solutions… I shall playtest and report.

Okay, so the error showed up in a funny way, as I quit the game, a split-second later the error appeared. What I tried (and obviously has not worked) was:

• Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Check for Outages
  • Disable VPN
  • Disable Your Mods
  • Reboot PC
  • Ensure the Steam Client Is Up-to-Date
  • Add Firewall & Anti-Virus Exceptions
  • Flush Your DNS
  • Disable Background Applications
  • Set Your ‘Max Upload Speed’ (Vermintide 2)

The other options that are left make no sense to me.

@Catahman sorry to hear solutions so far haven’t helped. Not to worry if you’re not comfortable trying some solutions, though I’ll try and assist with some -

To change DNS, we usually recommend following instructions in the Cloudfare article here:

Or, changing to Google DNS as they have quite well written steps to do so, here:

To enable ‘Small Network Packets’:

1. Launch Vermintide 2
  2. Open the ‘Settings’ menu and navigate to the ‘Network’ tab
  3. Set ‘Smart Network Packets’ setting to ‘On’ and save changes

Your Steam ‘Download Region’ is a setting that be checked and changed within the Steam client itself:

1. Open the Steam client
  2. Select ‘Steam’ in the upper left-hand corner
  3. Select ‘Settings’
  4. Select ‘Downloads’ within the sidebar
  5. Set your ‘Download Region’ to an appropriate nearby location and save the changes
    *By “appropriate location”, please make sure that this is set to the closest available option to you.

Download region and small network patches are not the solution, my last bet is the DNS.

Unfortunately, NONE of the solutions given worked.

Is it possible that a cyberattack on a nation or some 3rd party could be causing this?

Sorry to hear that. If you haven’t already, is it possible to temporarily switch a mobile data connection and see if the connectivity errors persist? This can help in isolating the issue. If the errors do not occur, then this will strongly indicate an issue with your network or ISP.

How do I do that?

To connect your PC to a mobile hotspot, please follow these steps:

Enable Mobile Hotspot on Your Phone:

1. On your mobile device, go to the settings and find the “Mobile Hotspot” or “Tethering” option.
  2. Turn on the mobile hotspot feature.

Connect Your PC:

1. On your PC, open the Wi-Fi settings
  2. Look for available networks and select your mobile hotspot from the list
  3. Enter the hotspot password (usually found in your phone’s hotspot settings).

Wait for Connection:

1. Your PC will connect to the mobile hotspot
  2. Once connected, you’ll have internet access on your PC through your phone’s data connection.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.