Catachan Sword Buff Ideas

Hi Fat Shark,

I wanted to make a brief post on ideas to make Catachan a bit more better. As I think it’s a great weapon overall but needs a little more love. Currently, the Catachan Swords are underwhelming and as of now I see little amount of players actually using the weapon. My suggestion on making the Catachan sword a bit more attractive to play will be the following below:

• Slightly increase the attack speed for both light and heavy attacks. (Right now the attacks feel just as fast as a Power Sword)
  • Slightly increase the movement speed to maybe have max .52 sprint speed? It would have the same movement speed as the Accatran MK VId Recon Lasgun (Right now at max AKA 80% mobility it has the same speed as the Power Sword movement speed when both are maxed)

With these changes I think a lot more people would see the Catachan Sword more appealing to use. Because a lot of people love the mobility the Combat Blade (AKA Knife). While the knife I understand has its niche I feel like the Catachan Sword should as well. When I imagine a Catachan Sword I imagine a bigger and fast moving Machete, but as it stands now it feels like a underwhelming heavy wet noodle.

If the Power Sword has the same movement speed and same attack speed, the Power Sword will always outshine the Catachan Sword. These suggested buff ideas will at least give the Catachan Sword a category to do better in when compared to the Power Sword or any other weapon.

If you are reading this… I thank you and for taking this into consideration.

1 Like

I would like to see the parry special stagger people in front of you if you pull it off as if you did a push but without costing stamina. That way it’s a relatively strong reward for planning or timing the parry, it creates a bit of space allowing you to regen a bit of stamina and it still opens up the parried enemy for a counterattack without forcing you into a single attack that opens you up to anyone swinging at you after you parried.

1 Like

I think that idea is awesome as well. Please Fat Shark consider this!