Can we get the ability to jump in the social hub please?

i found out that in vermintide you could bunnyhop around in the hub and that made it more fun. why doesnt darktide have this feature?

1 Like

the bretonian dance has no place in the grim darkness

i’d rather restrict sprinting

The hub is a barren lifeless mall currently. It needs far more than just jumping to give it life.

Jumping

Various emotes

A bar for those who enjoy the roleplay aspect

Lore friendly minigames such as Regicide and cards.

All of the closed doors replaced with the rooms that were supposed to be there, like an Archival that lets you change your name and height.

More NPCs other than shop NPCs to chat too, seems like an easy little lore snippet thing.

Hell, being able to chat with the shop NPCs and to hear their stories is an incredibly easy way to add more depth to the hub.

trophies that you can throw up in the bar from missions accomplished and bosses defeated

VT2 had dorm rooms for the characters with their own personal items, why not add that to Darktide? it’s all stuff that adds depth and would be something pretty cool to unlock as you level, getting better living quarters as you slowly become part of the inquisitors retinue.

Maybe you can purchase drinks at the bar that will give you a buff for the next mission.

There’s so much STUFF that can be done to flesh out this part of the game to make it worth all the bloody loading screens.

1 Like

pro
and please some lorepedia and more fluff

disagree, having people jumping around all time would destroy it for me immediatly, i would remove sprinting even.

1 Like

and maybe waving on F. Would be nice to greet ppl in the rare case you land on the same hub.

1 Like

Don’t touch sprinting unless you set up shortkey for everything in the hub, I am NOT walking to the mission station every time I finish a mission…

2 Likes

i’m used to play games where getting to your “mission” can take 2 hours traveling in an open PVP full loot environment.
I hate shortcuts!!! immersionbreaking

Agreed on everything else but absolutely no on these two. My immersion is already broken enough by everybody sprinting around and clipping through each other.

Should be limited to walk/jog, but also there needs to be a menu or hotkeys for people who want to get right to business.

or. OR. remove the hub entirely and make it a menu. whats the point of a social hub that doesnt even include the people you’re in a party with?

3 Likes

NO, no jumping. Its silly. Go play fortnite.

Hard pass. Give me hotkeys for hub vendors, then we’ll talk.

It’s already a chore to have to run everywhere.

This is a far better system than a simple button press on a menu for MMORPG games (for more reasons than just immersion), but this isn’t an MMORPG.

2 Likes

well the whole lobby thing is only for paid cosmetics anyway.
They could have done a menu and thats it, but when i have a lobby like the Morningstar and “immersion” then they have to do it right.

the sprinting looks weird thats the problem. I’m not against a menu or lets say expand the sorry, but ugly menu we already have.
Penances were only in the menu first and then got a place on the morning star.
I can imagine that over time the Crafting, the Barber Shop and such get into the menu as well.

Looking wierd is a lesser evil than feeling unnecessarily restrictive, in my opinion. I’ve played games that go too far in that direction and they just feel terrible to interact with.

1 Like

for me immersion is key. nothing more annoying than bunnyhopping players, but to each their own i’d say a good compromise is make the morningstar as immersive and “slow” as possible, but give everyone else a menu for everything.

Would rather skip the Loading star completely and go straight into a mission from a menu.

1 Like