Brace of Pistols - the solution

Nothing

i said “Faster” not “you can’t use it in Close Quarter”

I still don’t see how faster firing speed outweighs the BoP’s disadvantage on almost any other level. The crossbow is even the better weapon in close quarters since even unstacked, it deals with, say, stormvermin in two bodyshots and it has fairuly quick reload and good hipfire accuracy. The BoP’s damage against armour is also lousy, even at close range. You get a very limited burst damage capability (that doesn’t work against targets that would warrant such a thing, like CW or bosses) that the volley crosbow and repeater pistol provide much better without the BoP’s disadvantages, and even the crossbow doesn’t fall much behind. Care to elaborate on that?

1 Like

Again i never said it would be a better Weapon as “”

Nobody is talking about better. Equal is the magic word here. Your appeal to “different playstyles” is indeed off topic, since “different” implies more or less same viability. Of course I could use the BoP, but why would I want to if all other options can do what the BoP do without its drawbacks? Yes, of course you could always say “because you like the weapon”, but that’s a moot point. This isn’t about personal preference, but balancing. I personally do like the BoP, I find it pretty stylish. But enemies won’t fall over dead just because they are awestruck by it’s splendor. It’s not a “different playstyle”, it is a less effective playstyle.

3 Likes

Saltspyre, IMO has the weirdest collection of problems out of all characters. WHC is clearly busted unless someone is prepared to be such a masochist that they choose WHC to prove something, or try to make their play-style better by choosing a handicapped class - don’t get me wrong, if you play IB having a couple of runs as WHC could teach you how mitigate damage a bit better. Maybe.

BH is volleybow broken. Ammo regen is silly. Admit it.

So this leaves us Zealot. Quite tanky, quite fun with a falcion. BUT (and finally on topic)

pinging the Ult and using brace of pistols on a boss is quite good fun. You can see the damage walloping into the boss’ health bar and can have a laugh shooting away. Chug a STR pot to boost the damage.

BUT Still not completely viable as a tactic as it’s so situational. Do it near a ammo cache and you can easily rip a troll a lot of new holes from a low-risk position - still not close to the damage a good shade can do but still quite viable… Do it in the Hunger in the Dark with low ammo and it fizzles out faster than your first leg-over.

I’d be in favour of LOWERING the ammo count if BOP could be used as a clutch/patrol killer/absolute beast of firepower. Unloading into Armour/Super armour/patrols and bosses should deplete your ammo completely but absolutely rinse the enemy.

Currently single crossbow is a more versatile choice - it’s a simple as that. People will pick BOP if they could survive some of the nastiest encounters but lose their ammo.

WHC the strongest of all three of Saltzpyres careers? :smile:

It’d be nice but no, this definitely is not the case.

To be fair it is quite strong if you don’t get stuck in. I’ve played with a couple of WHC with the legend skins and they… just don’t get stuck in. Very strong if this is your play-style.

Oh wait - if you’re WHC you simply CAN’T get stuck in. My bad. Carry on.

Pistols aren’t bad, they have their role fairly well defined. They allow you to clear quickly high value targets in a situation when you are under pressure from a wave. Use them against Berserkers, Monks, Marauders (two chest shots) and other not well armoured specials at short range when they are mixed in with other mobs. Sadly their nature doesn’t make them a good weapon for bounty hunter as you cannot take full advantage from his free shot on crit ability. I find them perfect for WHC and Zelot class as you are far closer to the front line. Quick animations and no reload time allows you to switch between melee and range when needed.

3 Likes

BoP are amazing! If you have an ammo box next to you…

5 Likes

What was the problem? Gun-Fu Zealot is awesome.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.