Bolt staff charge lacks clarity

So I’ve been trying to get into Sienna a little recently so I’ve been trying out some of her staves.

My issue with the bolt staff is how the charge works, its got the three charge levels: uncharged, somewhat (half?) charged, and fully charged. Having 3 charges is fine, but there is very little visual feedback on when you actually charge all the way.

There is a sound cue but I can barely hear it over some of the sounds in the game sometimes (or music).

I think the easiest way to add needed clarity to the bolt staff would be to take the Kruber longbow approach and just zoom you in when it’s fully charged. I would appreciate both the zoom and the knowledge that I am gonna do full damage.

7 Likes

I agree that zoom on third level charge would be nice, but I think the visual could be better as well. Just a subtle pulse effect at each charge level would be a much better indicator than trying to gauge how far back your arm is. But for real, pls give bolt some sort of zoom functionality.

2 Likes

Worst part is that the audio cue is misaligned with the actual full charge. It still takes 0.5-1 second for the bolt to reach maximum damage after the cue plays.

Yea, I had to keep playing around with it in the keep on dummies until I could memorize the time it took. You will not hear the audio cue during gameplay.

Why not join the Fatshark Discord https://discord.gg/K6gyMpu