Beeping on using Volley fire

If it were, it should not play when someone else activates the ability. Or when more than one enemy shows up. Sorry, but you’re wrong.

The beep is for any enemy being marked

1 Like

Did I not also say, in my previous post, that the beeping is also audible to other people in your group? Literally.

No, I don’t know why it’s audible to other people, but it is.

1 Like

If it’s the sound for an enemy being marked, it’d make sense. It’s still irritating, and if that is working as designed, it should get changed asap. It sounds like a hardware problem and freaks people out (as evidenced by posts earlier) and definitely needs a replacement.

You disagreed and you are incorrect. It is a game sound cue.

want a kiss, a round of applause, congratulations or anything else to make you happy?
your comment is just pointless and useless.

I mean, honestly I don’t see how it contributes to the discussion.

You could disagree with me all you want, but quite frankly I have zero faith in your understanding of technology outside of blindly watching youtube videos. The fact that OTHER players in the game can hear the sound at the exact same time means that it is in the game itself and related to a veteran’s ability.

Says the guy who just keeps saying they disagree without a shred of insightful response to back up their claim that others are wrong. It’s ironic you’re saying other people aren’t contributing when you’re doing myriads less than contributing.

Hi! Dev here!

To give some clarification:

We do have a little beeping sound that triggers when enemies being highlighted. So if you are highlighting 3 enemies you will hear 3 beeps or sound ques, one for each as they gets highlighted. This is to make it so that if you pick up one beep you know that one enemy is highlighted. Several beeps you know that there is more the one. No beeps, no enemies, etc.

This also applies to other allies if you choose the talent Bio optic targeting. Then your allies in coherency also see outlines and they will also hear beeps for each enemy highlighted. So even if you don’t trigger your ability, another veteran in you strike team might trigger theirs (with the talent) and cause you to see outlines and hear beeps.

All the 3 level 30 talents for sharpshoter also makes the outline refresh if you kill an outlined enemy. This will keep the outlines of the enemies that is currently outline AND outline any new enemies not already outlined that have walked into ranged or being spawned. The new outlines will also trigger a beep.

So to sum up: one beep for when an enemy gets highlighted be it from your ability or an ally.

3 Likes

That’s a good thing to hear. Can you please change what kind of beeping sound it is though and explain it in the tooltips so people don’t fear their hardware is dying?