Autoguns

As things are now, ADS is actually more difficult to aim at stuff than hip firing with the mkII columnus autogun, why …

Gun:

No ADS:

ADS:

That specifically states it is a braced autoguns. Hence, ADS button is basically tucking it in your armpit.

The braced guns are great at crowd control, and killing hordes, as well as flak armored enemies fast. They’re not so great at accuracy. Because they don’t aim down sights, you brace them and spray.

I’ve said before, and you pic shows, but I very much dislike the graia and Columbus braced variants for the collateral stat.

If you are looking for a Columbus autoguns with actual aim down sights, look for either a headhunter variant (burst), or infantry (full auto)

Edit: I’m not entirely sure, as I haven’t had a change to test it (been at work last few days), but I believe the braced mode makes the recoil more horizontal and less vertical, allowing you to better strafe enemies

I understand that WAR40k IP lore is serious business but having a pool of weapons that plainly suck because the lore said so kinda hurts the game.
But still autoguns in terms of damage can be compared to lasguns, the only downside is having to add weight in your backpack with ammo so could translate as not as much ammo compared to Lascannon but could be added ammo types to autoguns like incendiary and armor piercing ammo?

I quite like my Vraks Mk III Headhunter. Could use a better sight though. And a flashlight instead of weapon bash imo.