Special Attack of Chain Weapons Giving No Damage

Issue Description:
When we perform special-attack with chain-weapons, it deals 4times of damages in 1 swing.
Then, when we perform special-attack with ChainAxe & Eviscerator, that first hit does not applies as it should be.
Special-light-attack with three chain-weapons(one-handed chainsword, chainAxe, Eviscerator) work just fine. First hit get blocked by armor, and rest 3 hits deal proper damage.
BUT, special-heavy-attack with chainAxe and Eviscerator AREN’T.
First hit gets blocked or deals too little damage against any kind of armor!
Unlike One-handed-chainsword, which even the first hit causes proper damage against any kinds of armor.
This is unreasonable and therefore unacceptable. Please fix this immediately.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Equip ChainAxe or Eviscerator.
  2. Perform special-heavy-attack.
  3. Deals too less damage.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[HELLMETT/( Steam Community :: HELLMETT )]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[12/07/2022, 19:00] [KST]

Reproduction Rate:
onstant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[(ChainAxe & Eviscerator does NOT work properly - YouTube)]
In video, i tested on only crucher, but when i do the same thing against mutant/sniper(which is maniac/unarmored type), same thing happen.

P.S
Can you please enhance/buff/upgrade the damage of chain-weapon’s special attacks?
4 hits on 1 swing is too less.
I remember before the game-release, which means in CBT, It deals much more then just 4hits and deals much more damage.
Given the performance in high difficulty and the risk of special attacks, I strongly insist it needs and deserves a buff.

+++
After 1.0.14 hotfix, it gets EVEN WORSE.
even one-handed-chainsword now share a same problem.
PLEASE FIX THIS & BUFF CHAIN WEAPONS

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION WHY THIS IS not-a-bug??

pretty sure the extra damage on those weapons happen on the last tick (right at the end)

Hit something in the meat grinder, it clearly does alot more damage (but mostly at the end), unless I have misunderstood your meaning.

While special-heavy-attack with one-handed-chainsword deals 488-368-368-1227 = 2451 damage, Chainaxe deals 30-467-467-1400=2364, and Eviscerator delas 8-471-471-1413=2363. (Against Mutant)

I can not understand WHY one-handed-chainsword deals more damage than chainaxe and two-handed-chainsword.
And there is no plausible reason why the first strikes of chainaxe and two-handed-chainsword deals no damage.

1 Like