SotT 6.4 Feedback AKA Why still with the walls?

I was actually about to mention JSat he explains at the end of one of those videos exactly how they are useful and a lot of what he says reminds me of how good Mei players use their walls.

2 Likes

After playing for several days with a wall crazed madlad on my team I would just like to make the following comments.

• Ironbark Thicket is honestly surprisingly useful with the increased width.

• Walls are still incredibly trolly for teammates.

• Wall collision seems to pop up instantly, even before the animation of the wall exists. This is especially terrible for clients with an host elf.
    • Allies can become stuck in badly placed walls that have enemies on both sides.
    • Extreme levels of enemy density can pile up on the far side, which can place the team in the position of instant death once the wall goes down.

So I would like to make the following suggestions to somewhat reduce the trolling effects while keeping the strengths of the walls.

• The implementation of a short grace period, where the wall can affect enemy movement but not allied attacks.

• Remove the movement speed reduction on allies when moving through the wall. Because honestly, why does it exist other than to screw your teammates?

• Give the wall a baseline stagger effect on retraction. That would allow the team a moment to whittle down some enemies before they all start attacking en masse.

3 Likes