Skittergate damage

at least 2 of the clients got damage in the first travel. I got damage by entering and also by exiting the gate.
On the way back all 3 clients got damage. 2 of us died at the exit. My hero died having about 5 hp from the first damage.
Not outright kill, but damage.
AFAIK the host didn’t get any damage.
This is a new bug, at least for me. I died maybe once or twice in my former thousands of hours.
version 4.93

I have 5 hp on this one because I drank a potion while inside the gate, so the exit didnt kill me at the first travel.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play Convocation of Decay as Kruber (Mercenary)
  2. Navigate to the Garrison Sewers
  3. Approach the stairs leading to the second Tome
  4. Get stuck

Map Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag/PSN ID]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
1 Like

It seems hosts can take damage, too.
I don’t know if it’s mod related or not but I take damage with 100% chance while others only sometimes. I use a lot of mods.

I’ve been having this issue as well, playing solo. I seem to be taking 140ish damage for each transfer through the gate. Bots take no damage that I’ve noticed.

I know that there used to be issues with jumping while traveling through the skittergate causing the height differences to count for fall damage if you jumped during the transition. I tested making sure to NOT jump at all in the gate and took damage.

I only use a limited number of mods from the official approved list (Vermintide Mod Framework, Skip Intro, Bot Improvement-Combat, Numeric UI, and Needii).

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play Skittergate (tested as both Foot Knight and Zealot)
  2. Use Skittergate
  3. Take a large amount of damage after each gate use, both entering the gate and leaving it. Either going to or returning from norsca.

Map Name (If Applicable):
Skittergate

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag/PSN ID]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[04/D02/202310:30 /PM GMT-6

Reproduction Rate:
2/2 runs and (IIRC) 3/4 gate travels in run 1 and 4/4 in the second run.

Upload Console Log:

console-2023-04-03-02.38.11-7895183a-a767-473b-a694-9e332e437489.log (923.6 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

user_settings.config (15.7 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.