[Rare Crash] Bringing up the chatwheel might cause a crash while team switch happens

Issue Type (Required):

Crash - During Play

Issue Description (Required):

When the map is about to finish (all heroes slain) and is about to switch sides, I wanted to bring the chat wheel for a voice command. The game then crashed. Not sure if that was truly the trigger, it happened right as I held down ‘T’, though.

Happened only once so far, could also be related to something else. Not sure.

Reproduction Rate (Required):

Rare (<10%)

[PC] Crash Report (Optional):

1. Round ends, all heroes are down.
  2. Hold down T for the chat wheel while the game plays the sound cue for “round ended”.
  3. Potentially get a crash?

I also noted it down in the crash report, so it should be in your database.

Thanks for the report @Mayson!

If possible, when this crash occurs could you please share the GUID string with us (so we can search up the crash) from the crash report window, or, could you please provide us with a console log from a session this has occurred?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I played a lot and crashed a few times. I hope this is the correct one.
Certainly has a lua error filed that’s related.
<>scripts/ui/social_wheel/social_wheel_ui.lua:639: attempt to index local ‘selected_category_widgets’ (a nil value)<</Script Error>>

Console log:
console-2024-03-07-16.46.37-daf80dbf-b8d7-46e4-b528-668c044b2dae.log (9.7 MB)
Crash dump:
crash_dump-2024-03-07-16.46.37-daf80dbf-b8d7-46e4-b528-668c044b2dae.dmp (858.9 KB)

1 Like

Much appreciated! I’ll shoot these logs over to the development team and we’ll investigate.

1 Like

If they’re not the correct ones, I can send the others, too. But I don’t want to clutter you with unncessary busy work.

Is there any way to check for me what crash report I added annotations for? Then I could find it guaranteed.

No problem! This seems to be the correct log. I plugged the session ID from your log into our crash tool and it’s linked to a chat wheel crash that we didn’t have raised in our database yet - so I’ve now raised this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful. Enjoy your evening.

1 Like