Potential Psyker Buffs and Changes to Help the Class

Hey all. I’m a psyker main (over 200 of my 300 hours have been spent on this class) and my preferred difficulties are Heresy and Damnation, mainly solo or in a 2 man QP. In my opinion, there’s a few options they have to really help the class in no particular order:

• Make BB scale damage or time wise, or both. There is no reason why BB takes the same amount of time to charge against chaff as it does to an elite, especially on higher difficulties where most elites and specials take multiple bursts. The time it takes against gunners, shotgunners and snipers is fine since it still 1 shots them, so maybe use that as a benchmark to compare balance against.

• Make BB 1 shot dogs on Malice+. It’s a dog. Need I say more?

• Make BB priotitise elites and specials. It’s rather mildly frustrating when there’s a sniper at the back of a horde you’re trying to target but a single poxwalker throws themselves in the way as you’re targeting, or you’re clearly aiming for said sniper past the chaff, but the game says no.

• Let BB target through all railings and chainlink fences. Now, this already happens on cretain areas of certain maps, but it’s incredibly inconsistent with no rhyme or reason, and it’s incredibly annoying, especially when it’s a sniper or a bomber with a cannon for an arm.

• Fix generating a charge when an ally kills the enemy when you’re over the threshold. The amount of times I’ve seen people complain about this not working only to be met with replies of “um, actually, this already happens and it’s 100% consistent”. It’s not. You know it’s not. I know it’s not. We all know it’s not. Probably an issue regarding server latency but I don’t know enough to specifically label that at fault. Point is, it needs to be more consistent.

• The 4% chance to generate a charge on coherency kill needs to be built in to the kit passively. I want nothing more than to pick the 15% CDR on elite kill to help my team out, but why would I ever do that when BB takes too long and I need the charges? And if any of the BB changes are used in tandem with this, Cerebral Lacerations could be a competetive choice for the slot too. Not too sure what it’d be replaced with if they do go this route, but I’m sure they’d think of something. Point being, Psychic Communion feels mandatory and it really shouldn’t be.

• Charge stacks need to last longer and/ or decay one at a time. That’s it. That’s the suggestion.

• Ascendent Blaze needs to be changed from “Enemies killed by your Soulblaze” to “Enemies killed whilst effected by your Soulblaze”. Similar in a way to the 4% chance in coherency passive, it’s inconsistent but great when it works and would go a long way to helping the class just feel more “gooderer” as our resident techpriest would say. Just generally making it feel better to play.

• Soulblaze stacks should build up slightly faster.

• Psyker’s should have 150 base toughness or potentially an extra wound instead. For all the human classes (so far); Veterans get 200 toughness and 150 health, Zealots get 100 toughness and 200 health, but Psykers get 100 toughness and 150 health. Why not even it out? I’d prefer the toughness buff personally, but I can see the case for an extra wound instead since there’s always the potential to nuke yourself either through rookie mistakes, or when the game decides to ignore the fact you’ve stopped charging your staff alt and mashed the ult key when you’re approaching 100% during a massive horde on Hi-Intensity Damnation because the game can’t keep up with your inputs. Peril is a risk and an extra wound could go a ways to help people play the class at higher difficulties.

• The hitbox of Psykinetic’s Wrath needs adjusting. It’s a great ability, but seemingly suffers the same problems as phantom hits from the hit detection as many others have felt. That being, using it to clear space and knocking a horde back but somehow a single walker directly in front of you (on your screen) just ignoring it and giving you a slap anyway. Maybe the server thinks they where just on the edge? Who knows? Because to me it should’ve been launched back like all it’s little mates behind it.

• Purgatus stagger needs looking at. It seems since the last patch some chaff enemies just shrug off both the stagger from the primary and secondary flames. This seems to be a bit of a bug. It’s not exactly fun when you’re roasting a horde with the power of the immaterium only for a single guy to keep running up to you and tickle your chin through the jet of flame. I’ve seen similar complaints from Flamer Zealots.

For those interested, my current build is a Run n’ Gun Purgatus with a Deflector and Slaughterer Force Sword more frontline build with my feats/ talents being a 3/2/1/1/1/2 setup, which has obviously influenced my current main gripes. The build works great, but has some inconsistencies which would be rectified by some (or all) of these changes, greatly improving the overall feel of not just this build, but the class overall. Thanks.

3 Likes