Make Character Backstories Readable

This is being created at the behest of @FatsharkAlan, who rightfully pointed out it might get implemented if enough people talk about it.

Currently the only way to ‘view’ character backstories is by asking for Technical Support, which is very much a shame - in a game based so heavily around Your Dudes, being unable to see the choices you’ve made for their backstories after creating them definitely sucks. Plus, it generates more work for the Tech Support people.

I think it would be extremely helpful if part of the Morningstar was opened up to allow players to view their character biographies. This stuff is tracked by the game, but we can’t access it. Make it accessible for the players - maybe that lady with the library can serve as a record-keeper?

12 Likes

I would like to push it further. Add an optional backstory text window to player characters. Something which can be inspected by other players.

4 Likes

There is also that text that Alan didn’t pull back out.

Even just seeing this would be great enough

3 Likes

What in the heck. This is news to me.
The stories in this game already fall way too short, why not have what was already developed not be in the game?

1 Like

Because large portions of this game are actually factually unfinished or unimplemented.

1 Like

have a locker room, where each player on the same instance of the mourningstar get lockers allocated, + some for recently played with friends.
you can acess a locker and get an overview of that person (with private options)

branching off from that room you have a recreational area in form of a bar with some minigames Could have in universe card games or sutff like the five finger fillet like the one from RDR2
going in further you have a shootingrange, + challanges with competition
and alas a ring of shoot your brains out pvp just for the heck of it

1 Like

You know what, that would mix amazingly well with the lobby room pre-deployment we currently have.

So instead of having that 1 minute wait timer with some screen of 4 dudes standing before the aircraft, we could return to the tried-and-true VT / VT2 waiting room where you can move about and organize things.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.