KNOWN ISSUE: Enemies Throwing Players Outside of Map Boundary

We are aware of a number of issues where enemies - commonly the Mutant - can yeet the player outside of the map boundary or in to otherwise unreachable areas.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

8 Likes

Issue Description:
Being thrown outside map by Mutants, unable to get back into map, have to jump off edge to die / respawn

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Play any map as any character
  2. Against hard edges of map, seems more frequent in corners or so, get grabbed by a mutant side on to the wall so that his grabbing arm drags (is clipping) you outside the map.
  3. Get yeeted out of the map

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
18/11/2022

Reproduction Rate:
Rare ~ Unusual

1 Like

Thrown behind a prop and stuck

Steps to Reproduce:
Play as a Zealot or other regular human-sized classes
Mutant spawns and rushes you
Grabs you close to a prop
clips through and throws you into a corner
you are now stuck behind a prop and cannot escape via movement
have to wait for a special to spawn and kill you so the team can save you at respawn

Couldnā€™t get the mission name

Platform:
Steam

Mission:
Chasm Logistratum, behind the area shown in screenshots below

Player ID:

[11/17/2022, 11:30 PM] [PST]

Reproduction Rate:
Unusual or Once

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Had a similar issue: for support team (or whomever) is there a means we can pull GEO COORDS for reports like this to help with accuracy?

Had a game where the Mutant (creature with one big arm and one small arm that throws you around) throw one of my teammates into the Medic machine. He was then stuck and couldnā€™t get out of it. We needed to let him die to enemies and rescue him again before he could resume playing.

Basically just got slammed into the vents by a Mutant

Iā€™m not 100% sure how it happened but I was next to a pipe and a wall and got charged by a Mutant and got shoved through the wall. However it could have something to do with me charging into the mutant at the same time next to the wall.

Completely forgot the mission name.
Steam

Donā€™t really think time matters but 11/19/2022 about 9:50pm

I only was able to do it once after the original

Do you remember what part of the map this can happen in? Also, any chance you could upload your screenshot directly to the fatshark forums? The one in Imgur seems to be really tiny :sweat_smile:

I forget but I do remember there were many rooms around, sorry if that isnā€™t of any help, it was like 2 days ago so I forgot.
Also the image is the same size even if I do it this way but here.

Chasm station mission in the elevator to the boss arena: a mutant grabbed me from outside of the elevator and threw me out of bounds.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description: Was playing a round and it was on the mission where it scans a plague tree I was out on the right wing(if you had your back on the door that opens) and a mutant came out and charged me into a corner of that wing did itā€™s thing then proceeded to throw me out of the bounds of the map which ended up costing me the game as I was locked outside of the map and couldnā€™t help fallen teammates.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. play as Psyker(was the class I was playing as)
  2. Navigate to the left wing facing the plague tree when you first see it
  3. stand near the far front wall and in the corner
  4. let the mutant charge into you and throw you
  5. It should throw you outside the bounds of the map(at least it did for me)

Mission Name (If Applicable): N/A(canā€™t remember but I do know its the mission where there is a plague tree and a tech. skull has to scan it and it releases a plus that marks items you need to scan)

Platform: Steam

Player ID:
[76561198362142534/(Steam Community :: SewerRat)SewerRat]

[11/20/2022, 08:18PM] [pst]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (it happened once to me so far)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2891726682
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2891726695

Upload Console Log:
how do I read the console

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
Honestly donā€™t see it sorry :frowning:

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

My friend Nate got stuck behind the train after a mutant pushed him through the back wall

1. Play Chasm Logistratum as Veteran sharpshooter
  2. Left train for special ammo canister?
  3. Holding special ammo canister inside train and mutant? pushed me through the train to the other side.
  4. Got stuck behind the train and walked around but couldnā€™t get back onto map so jumped down and suicided to respawn.

Platform:
[Steam]

Player ID:
[BusWindow]

[11/22/2022, 2:00 PM] [EST]

Reproduction Rate:
?? I havenā€™t tried to reproduce.
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ā€˜OKā€™
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here

Issue Description:
I was playing as Ogryn, default height and was thrown through the map by a Mutant. I then fell through the map for a while and died.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play as Ogryn (Skullbreaker)
  2. Get picked up by a mutant
  3. Get unlucky when it throws you

Magistrati Oubliette, near the elevator prior to reaching final boss fight.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

[11/22/2022, 10:20AM] [CT]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Console Log:
I am not sure which of these 2 it is due to close timestamps, so I will upload both. I apologize.
console-2022-11-22-14.02.01-a0d84fbc-ffdd-48c7-9b63-39996c0b475e.log (498.7 KB)
console-2022-11-22-15.30.44-3e579577-7588-44e1-99a4-8ebb84720b9a.log (303.9 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (661.3 KB)

1 Like

In level Chasm station hl-16-11, at boss room, a mutant was right at elevator exit and grab and toss me over the fence, was stuck in that space until my teammate died and the boss came over

Stand next to a wall/corner.
Mutant charges the players and throws them into the wall.
Clip through wall, falls through the map and dies.

Also happens with the fleshbeast swallow, sometimes heā€™ll spit you through walls.

1 Like

Iā€™ve experienced similar.
The mutant charged me whilst I was entering the Valkyrie at the end of the mission.
It then threw me THROUGH the Valkyrie, with my character landing somewhere in front.
I had to then run back around and re-enter

1 Like

Issue Description:
A mutant performing the beating and throwing animation next to the wall of the unreachable enemy spawning rooms can throw a player (Ogryn in my case) into the spawning room. The door does not allow passage out, even when open.
Please mind that if no enemies spawn to execute the player, this could lock you out of being able to continue the mission with your team.

Steps to Reproduce:
Playing as Ogryn
Repair map
Standing right next to the wall with the spawn room on the other side
Mutant charges and attacks towards the wall directly

Not sure, the repair one.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Steam profile

2022. ā€Ž11. ā€Ž23., ā€ā€Ž21:24:12 GMT+1

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-23-20.00.30-4dc7dd03-4a24-4d29-b3ab-000c7e3b5762.log (394.6 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (563.1 KB)

player thrown out of map by mutant

Issue Description:
I was playing a assasination stage and during the bossfight a mutant grabed me and pind me infront of a enemy spawn just as he was about to throw me, the door opend i was thrown in to the enemy spawn. (inside one of the trains on the side of the arena)
from there i chude not return to the fight and just sat and watched snaged a photo from twards the out side of the arena just before we ended the mission.

Steps to Reproduce:
This was a first timer for me so havent tryed to reproduse. but i whude asume somthing like this.

1.get grabed by a mutent close to a wall
2.making the mutent facing the wall throw you as the spawn door opens
3. be stuck outside

im not sure of the missions belive it was, Magistrati Oubliette

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam, PC

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
16:40, SWE time zone

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
first time for this issue

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

console-2022-11-22-12.48.10-0834a5bd-f3e9-4b23-8b20-29efc9b5c256.log (959.6 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (160.3 KB)

Issue Description:

On one map type, I forget the name, but I have a clip from the streamer I was watching. A Beast of Nurgle launched the player and they flew off the map and landed in a pit. They didnā€™t automatically die, nor did they grab the ledge and need to be picked up. The player was trapped in this pit with no way to leave or even die except that he was a Psyker and could kill himself when enemies walked up to the cliff edge

Steps to Reproduce:

Get launched by a Beast of Nurgle and fly off a ledge into a specific pit. This occurred on the first mission players can play co-op after the prologue.

See the clip below

Platform:

Steam

11/18/2022 11:50am CST

Reproduction Rate: