Is it allowed to raise questions about marketing/partnerships in this forum?

Thought struck me as well but I would say that the thought itself is more of a self-fulfilling prophecy than anything else. That’s why I added the part quoted below.

Re-visting the change I can correct myself about the date. The major change was made the 5th of June 2018. Many things changed and the length of the text grew by about 50%.

The following was added (2018-06-05):

Summary

The button on the right can be used to check the version history of a post.

I’m obviously not speaking for the company but sinophobia in particular has been o the rise since covid, and a lot of topics have been politicized lately (generally speaking). An even more recent example would be russophobia, tied to another recent international event. My thoughts on this (the rule) is that it’s always hard to keep a discussion within certain bounds, and that’s why it’s easier to just outright ban discussions on gender, race, religion and politics, instead of trying to do a good job moderating them.

Pretty sure there has been mention of that recently (some games not being sold because of sanctions). I’m pretty sure the topic was more along the lines of “worried consumer” rather than an argument for/against sanctions, even if some posts definitely fit the bill of breaking the “political” rule. Locked topic. There has also been topics of blocking/separating Russian and Chinese players based on frequent usage of hacks and about individuals hacking. Most of them are pretty old though, and the individual ones are usually blocked under the “name and shame” rule.

This reply becamse way longer than I expected. I feel like the quote below isn’t relevant anymore as I slowly evolved(?) into an official spokesperson. I’m still not a real spokesperson though, promise.

I have family in Victoria and they had some interesting experiences with censorship, among other things, during a recent pandemic. That’s a topic for another place though, as the quoted rule is still being enforced. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like