Handmaiden Dev Oversights

HM also needs some tweaks. Her regen passive is great but the other two are just meh… and dash can be really inconsistent.I think she could use some extra health or dmge mitigation as the “tank” path of the elf…
And Shade needs a complete rework imo, but that would worth a full new thread.

1 Like

It’s…actually not that much.

I leveled a Handmaiden from 7 to 30+4 and took the talent in question as soon as I unlocked it. When I heard that the power increase was bugged, I swapped to the boss health/wounds talent, and didn’t really notice any change in attack speed at all. Sure, in timing stuff there absolutely is in fact a statistical difference with and without the talent, but practically and mechanically speaking, it really doesn’t matter, at least not for what Handmaiden should be doing. The 5% attack speed loss does not slow down her pushstab with any weapon so significantly that enemies can retaliate between the push and the attack, and it only marginally decreases her light attack spam efficiency when dps’ing boss targets.

Where handmaiden benefits the most from attack speed is on spamming charge attack thrusts with spear for mobility and armored dps, but even still, the 5% loss isn’t terribly significant and can be circumvented with attack speed on a charm or weapon.

You feel the loss when going for 10% attack speed, 5 on weapon and 5 on trinket, you only get to 5% - which as you stated before, is not much. 10% on the other hand is.

Or a boss, or a leech, or a stormer, or a gunner, or a flamerat…stormvermin have a few tricks too.