Defeat with all players alive

Skittergate deed.
Just shy of the first boss. The game stops and presents the defeat screen.
All players are alive and well.
All players has lost connection afterwards.
End with a broken connection screen.

This is the first time I have experienced a defeat from a broken connection.

1 Like

It just so happens that if the deed owner gets a very short connection issue, it’s quite possible that the mission will fail by presenting you with a “defeat” screen.

Shouldn’t you still see the deed owner disconnect in chat beforehand?
@AntiLoop did you get that in chat?

Im not sure.

9 times in total now - over the course of less than 24 hours.

Only deeds.

ANNOYING.

Let me know when the game comes out of beta!

I’ll be spending my time and money on a different development team from here on out until you do.

Are you the one hosting the deeds?

You should try switching the deed host around if you play with friends.
Or does it happen even on other players?

Sorry to hear that - please upload the associated console logs and I can have somebody look in to this.

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs

Thank you in advance.

happend again

I have played some 7 or 8 deeds today which has all been defeats due to broken connection. The latest consol log is from yesterday. no logs from today.

What am I to do here? the game crashes constantly.
I have tried to play from my seconday machine but it’s the same. crash crash crash.

Perhaps those could still be helpful since you’ve had these issues for the last three days?

It doesnt look like a get console logs for defeated deeds only regular missions.

The console log is tied to the session. If you quit or crash a new log will be created the next time you launch a game.

2 Likes

Probably related to: "Deed owner left game" error message - thing is, I am playing solo, and am the host and the deed owner

I get this issue from time to time even if there are no Steam server issues.

Yeah, like freqlectic said. As soon as you start the game a log will be created, it ends when the game (for whatever reason) gets terminated.
Unless you post the session logs in question not much can be done about your situation.

I thought it might have something to do with ISP’s being a bit overwhelmed with high usage due to the current situation and a lot more people using high bandwidth tasks (like Netflix), so there might be microstutters here and there (but i by no means have an idea if that’s actually what could/would happen).

This is a general bug telling you that a player has left the game. If it’s the deed owner it specifies that the deed owner left. I haven’t experienced OPs issue during deeds or during normal qp, but I do experience the player has left the game bug pretty much every session.

If you want to replicate it reliably you host a game, get a few players in your lobby and then disband the lobby. The players that were in the lobby when you disbanded will keep being part of a console prompt saying “player x has joined the game” shortly followed by “player x has left the game” at every start and finish of a map. It stays like that for the rest of the session.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.