Could we add a parry function to Lucious pattern Lasguns?

I enjoy bayonetting enemies as much as the next man but defensively there’s only so much we can do with dodges and between the single target stabbing and inability to block, fighting groups of enemies with the bayonet is a risky proposal.

My suggestion is for the bayonet to have a parry function like Kruber’s Bretonnian Longsword in Vermintide. Since holding the bayonet doesn’t currently seem to do anything damage-wise, why not make it a defensive move?

It makes sense as in reality parrying enemy bayonets was a major part of training soldiers received back in the day.

2 Likes

Hello,

I think that a parry option, much like the ‘devil claw’ special, is imperative for close quarter bayonet attached weaponry. A straight up block function could be very well OP, but the ability to master a parry/reposte function with the bayonet should be the way forward. Otherwise, a veteran is just simply better switching to his secondary melee weapon. I’ve tried to love the bayonet lasgun… I’ve tried… but it’s simply not doable beyond dodging which can be… temperamental in this game at the very least.

Thanks,
Gunship

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same experience. Dodging works…often. But it’s not something you can rely on.