Chaos Wastes crash: …_extensions/default_player_unit/buffs/buff_templates.lua:844: attempt to get length of field ‘buff_ids’ (a nil value)

While playing as an Ironbreaker I got a crash while on the Citadel of Eternity (the level prior to the arena), Legend difficulty. I was a client.

Console log states that the crash error message was:

<<Error Context>>
RPC rpc_remove_gromril_armour
<</Error Context>>
<<Script Error>>…_extensions/default_player_unit/buffs/buff_templates.lua:844: attempt to get length of field ‘buff_ids’ (a nil value)<</Script Error>>

After the crash, I restarted the game and was able to rejoin the same lobby still in the same level with the same other players. My boons and weapons were saved and got restored. I did not get a quickplay loot bonus after finishing the expedition and the weekly quest quickplay game count did not increment even if I joined that lobby through quickplay pre-crash.

Since the console log contains private data like my Steam profile, I will just send it through PM instead of uploading it here. I don’t have a Crashify error message since I terminate the game launcher executable (which prevents Crashify from working) when playing the game (for performance reasons).

Sorry about that. I’ve added the crash to our database for investigation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.